Changing My Pc's Os

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by cheatsmaster, May 21, 2008.

1. cheatsmaster

cheatsmaster Gotta Catch 'Em All!

I want to change my PC's OS. I want to use Windows XP Media Center Edition.

But I don't want my files to be erased. I just want to change the OS not really reformatting my PC. Help guys.

My cousin can do it. He can change/bring back the OS without the files being deleted.

Our PC was improperly shut down and one of the important files was corrupted. So the blue screen appears. My cousin went here and he fixed it. He bring back the Windows XP OS without my files being deleted. DOes anybody know how to do that? There were just some choices in the process that he chose.

2. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

pop in CD.

go through the motions f8 etc.

eventually you'll get to the screen where you can setup partition stuff.

choose the partition which is the largest if there is more than one and select to install over the current windows folder but not the erase contents. if some message like that doesn't come up back out and try a different partition.

it's rather easy and largely common sense. just be wary that you can f stuff up.

3. .ZERO

.ZERO Nigga wit a PSD

unless he doesnt have multiple partitions...

best thing to do is plug the hard drive into another pc, copy what you want onto that pc's hdd, reformat, install windows then transfer the files back onto the hdd using either the method you did before or by using a lan cable