Cartoon Protests In Pakistan Leave 3 Dead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zohair, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA-384

LA-384 Well-Known Member

i'm not gonna read 8 pages of discussion. so i'm just gonna give my opinion..

first of all i'm atheist, so if you are going to flame me, then don't bring god in the question, cuz i don't believe in him.

If allah means so much to them, that they are going out rioting, then why are the same people killing others, and terrorise in the name the same allah??

that doesnt make very much sense now does it? I don't know what allah says/means to them, and i don't care either, but if allah is the same to them, as god is to christians, then i don't get all the violence.

I'm not trying to be a racist or something, but those people make me hard not to believe that they are bad people....

(don't get me wrong.. bush is just as bad)

2. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

I think i remember telling Blaze about that quote :wub:

As I said i think it was on another forum that ..1sec let me get that post

Do you want me or the other type :) :wub:

THERE ARE MUSLIMS [Radicals/Extremists] WHO ARE TAKING THE NAME OF THE ALMIGHTY IN THEIR DEEDS AND BASICALLY SABOTAGE THE REST OF THE MUSLIMS . Fullstop

3. Phoenix_22

Phoenix_22 Well-Known Member

Simple Answer: They follow a different teaching.

In Christianity, there are many different sects that "follow" the Bible, but have different interpretations:
    [​IMG]

Now, in Islam, there are the same divisions, but some groups follow the teachings of the Quran, or some follow different versions of holy scripts, etc.

The extremists follow their own interpretations of the Quran and usually their interpretations involve the thought that Christianity is trying to purge Islam, and they are "Told" to defend Islam in the name of Allah.

If you really want to see some factual evidence of how Islam is not what you may think it is, listen to these:

Both Christianity and Islam are Abrahamic Religions.
    Read about that here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religion

A core teaching of Islam:
    Nahi-Anil-Munkar: Forbidding what is evil.

Now some terrorists take this next one into their own hands probably:
    Al Jihad fi sabilillah: Striving to seek God's approval.

Important quote from wikipedia pertaining to this thread:
    "No Muslim visual images or depictions of God are meant to exist because such artistic depictions may lead to idolatry and are thus disdained."

Another:
    "The Qur'an contains injunctions to respect other religions."

And if you studied the teachings of Islam and Christianity, you could probably find a ton more, but...I don't have the time to do that.

:huh:
    They aren't allowed to make fun of our God. When there is a group of 400 people, the police can't arrest all of them, but if terrorists/extremists attacked an embassy, the police would try to stop them.

Also, if you don't remember American society making fun of other countries, let me remind you of a very recent one with two words:
    "Freedom Fries."

Great point, especially what I bolded in that quote.

And its Trafalgar.

About those pictures, well, i don't believe them. The proof of Allah is the same kind of thing as trying to prove God is real and that's another situation.

This one is pretty funny:
    [​IMG]
    Photoshopped?

If its not, then its just a coincidence, find me that picture with a different angle and i'll believe it.

If you have any doubts about Christian terrorists, then take a look for yourself:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

^interesting stuff in there.

I must admit this is a good topic, the first one with this kind of discussion going around, just remember you can argue civily, and don't try to offend anyone, its a debate/discussion, not an argument.

4. redskinfanatic

redskinfanatic Well-Known Member

lol i know right just cartoons

5. arslaan

arslaan Well-Known Member

imo those "proofs" of Allah are just like those "proofs" with jesus in a pancake. no, there are some things in the world which, although seem coincidental, doesn't stop me from thinking it's pretty damn cool. i can't find the source of it, but theres some tree that looks like a person doing part of the muslim prayer (the bit where we put our hands on our knee's. can't remember what it's called). only thing is, it's actually pointing in the exact direction to mecca. a tree that looks like it's praying, looking in the exact direction to mecca. now, this is most likely coincidental, but it doesn't stop me from thinking it's pretty damn cool.

Anyway, i think this discussion is starting to go WAY WAY off topic.

6. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

You can stop discussion on this..

7. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

phoenix 22 .. if you're gonna quote me

quote whole my text you fool..

one more thing :

Muslims all around the world burn our flags ---> do you see any americans, english, danish, norwegian, europian people on the streets throwing rocks , burning stuff ?

no you dont

8. nayr`

nayr` Well-Known Member

cartoons, lol. You're right, you cant stop a discussion.

9. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Woah, still going. ^_^

10. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

And the thing is Denmark did a CHEAP thing on making cartoons on our beloved prophet.. It deserves burning flags.. and talking about burning and throwing stuff our people are a little stupid they hurt there own fellow pakistanis..

11. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

half good half bad

Thats thing in it - Less muslims keep their feelings to themselves - THere are only a few that are like that

but most of them the 'Extreme' ones are just letting their anger go but then again my god ALlah forbids those actions and hence they like crazy lunatics

Well this discussion kinda should be stopped really ;)

12. x Infinite x

x Infinite x Well-Known Member

My opinion, there was just cause to be extremely outraged. The cartoon was completely out of line, and offensive to some of the most sacred beliefs that one can hold. Regardless, a blatant disregard for human life is not justafiable by anything, let alone a cartoon.

*sigh* Ever hear the phrase that those who shout usually have the least to say? There are many variations but it all boils down to the same thing.
    If not being able to spell racial = sad, then
    taking pleasure in what you consider to be other people's ignorance = truly pathetic

13. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

<3 you mate.

14. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

15. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. First of all: 'Denmark' didn't make the cartoons. An artist did. Denmark (and the rest of the Western world) protects freedom of speech, not just the speech that the government/religious teachers want you to hear. It is a basic right of man to speak his mind and express himself freely. The artist did just that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Islamic law only apply to Muslims (I know that in Christianity, they only expect believers to follow its teachings and laws, so I'm assuming it's similar in Islam)? If so, why are you holding this artist, a non-Muslim, accountable to Islamic law? He's in a Western nation where his actions were protected under the law, just as the Muslim's right to (peaceful) protest and speaking against the cartoons/artist would be had they been in Denmark.

If you think it's OK to burn flags and attempt to ransack embassies, I'm sure you're OK with me bombing one of those mosques that teaches (certain radical) Muslims to kill non-believers like myself? Or what about if I were to support the bombing of Mecca, since the 9/11 attacks were perpetrated by an Islamic terror group? You've got to be level across the board with these things...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.