Car Insurance - Uk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wonderboy, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Wonderboy

Wonderboy Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or is car insurance really really expensive ?

I passed my driving test last month (I am 18 years old) and i am now at the stage where i am looking at some cars. Now, i have looked at a few cars but there is one which is catching my eye:

A 1998 Ford Fiesta 5 door hatchback 1.4l, costing £699. Now when i try to get quotes i am getting crazy prices like £2600 - £3600. I mean... surely all young drivers don't pay that sort of money for the insurance, i mean! Thats nearly four times more expensive that the car.

If there was an insurance company, which allowed my mum/dad too use their no claims bounus on the car, it would take the first diget off the price. Is their such a company ?

2. .Apex

.Apex Well-Known Member

Im gonna be passing within the next couple of months hopefully and ive also been looking at insurance. The cheapest ive found for 1.4 engine is 1400, which isnt bad. That was quinn-direct.com

3. Wonderboy

Wonderboy Well-Known Member

Thanks for that.

I just done a quote for them and it came too £1,254.91 which is a much better price but is still pretty expensive considering the car is only worth £699 ono

4. `c r e a m

`c r e a m Well-Known Member

i was gonna say, mines due 1st dec (nd im 17) nd its proper expensive

but i knew bout that quinn site nd just gonna get a quote now :D

5. kirbir

kirbir Senior Member

All young drivers pay alot for insurance, your not alone. It wont go down until your about 25+, the only thing you can do is, if your mum or dad drives ask them if you can go on their insurance, its alot cheaper than what you have been quoted now :)

6. Phili G

Phili G Well-Known Member

yeah I was gonna say that kirbir. If you become a named driver on your parents car.