Car Brands - American Or Jap?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leetsauce, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Xioushi

Xioushi Well-Known Member

That Aussie car gave me nightmares. It's clear that most folks under 25 would prefer a sick tuner japp toy. They are so much more flashy and show cars, so what if they aren't safe. No matter what, you get in a car accident your car is ------ed. If it's personal health I heard it is like 80% of the time the car doesn't help. That's too much of a problem for me. I'd prefer looks and style of a ----ty muscle american car to give me a half assed chance to live.

Say, if they made a yank car that gave me 95% chance of survival in the most devastating car crash, then I might. But if it's so low of a difference compared to japenese toys than I'd rather have looks.

2. Eksperimental

Eksperimental Well-Known Member

The American auto industry really needs to up there game if they want to be able to keep up with the reliabilty, affordibility, and ability to retain their value of the Japanese. Porsche pulled out of the the Detroit International Auto show cause car sales have been down in that area. I'm not just saying Porsche sales, but vehicle sales in general. And with the Big 3's Hq all in the motor city, it's definitely a cause for concern. While all of this has been going on, sales of Japanese vehicles have gone up.

Don't get me wrong, I love American Muscle, but the fact is... There is no American Muscle left (Counting the Corvette, and the Viper). The states have the Saleen S7, but it's nothing like the glory days of the 1970 Dodge Charger and Challenger, or the 67' Mustang Fastbacks. The Hemi Cuda, was an absolute beast, and here in the 21st century we don't have much to show for it other than some attempts at trying to bring muscle back.

3. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Oh yeah, I'd second that.

4. SyNiKaL v2

SyNiKaL v2 Senior Member

If I had an unlimited budget then it would be jap cars but since its my current budget its american for me. Will most likely get a Ford Mustang GT.

5. Positief

Positief Well-Known Member

German cars (bmw, mercedes, audi and porsche) are the best.

American muscle cars are nice, but they are so expensive in gasoline usage.

Plus a slick mazda car is very nice.

6. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Well-Known Member

out of those i prefer jap but euro is definitely my favorite

7. ZLo.

ZLo. Well-Known Member

I would have to say American made..... Got go for the Mustang!

8. nanSTA

nanSTA Senior Member

Japaniese cars are bettah

9. Duneluder2

Duneluder2 Well-Known Member

Japanese all the way

10. AKW

AKW Senior Member

Well...

I have a Nissan and a BMW and I really like the BMW so I would say German should be up there too.. but the Skyline will haul some ass right with that BMW.

Either way though...

Japanese is better than American. Just because of the quality of the work. And even if it isn't quality they still last longer even if they are running like ---- compared to the US cars. But the cars made in the "United States" aren't exactly made there either. So just American cars in general. I believe the older cars were much better but now with all the technology in them Japanese motor companies have us beat.

But if you look into that further you can't find a new Dodge Stratus that isn't in reality a Mitsubishi Eclipse... so there really isn't much of a comparison here considering the fact that everything is all being shared now-a-days except with the German models...

I will say one thing though.. every single time I went to start my Skyline up it STARTS and that's all there is to it. With other cars they get ------ed up...

But the BMW is the same way even though I have had a couple issues from it. =(

11. `sparks

`sparks Jcoca

Wow...between all the FntF fanboys screaming "OMG G@HAv TUNRS" and the anti-FntF fanboys screaming "old school muscle ftw"...this thread fails.

First off neither of the "jap or american" choices are worth a damn...Most "jap" cars are made in North America...and a lot of "american" cars arent made here...or use mostly imported parts...so. Italy is home of the supercar...and most Italian brands...dont outsource anything...and the majority being made by hand. Italy/Europe wins this thread...now...Im going to go through...and point out the morons...

Now...my opinion maybe a little biased...as my dad restores classic American cars...owning a v12 euro car...and a pristine 1989 Camaro Iroc Z (5.7/700r4) awaiting a 400SB/TH350 transplant which will be turned into a straight line car if i can ever get my ---- straight...I've grown up around cars...Im not saying i know more than anyone else...but i know whats correct and whats not...

-----
    All the way to...the bank to pay a lot more for getting a lot less...kind of like having an asian man work for your company....

---
    Your opinion is worthless...I've seen hundreds if not thousands of classic cars (pre-70s) still running on the original motor...not to mentions the roads being full of ~80s cars that have hardly seen more than an oil change...
    ---
    American cars feel tacky as a rule? Umm...go drive a corvette...and 4th gen LSx cars are some of the best AutoX cars....Not so much the best explanation...but the basis of this post...is win...
    ---
    This is a classic example of your Anti-Rice Fanboy...spinning extra wide sticky tires at 70 miles and hour means one thing and one thing only...he should stayed in the box a little longer...
    ---
    I somewhat agree...but...2009 Corvette ZR-1 > life...technology pwns displacement in the face...and not all SS's are fast...there was a 327SS which was...under par compared to the 454SS
    ---
    Italy still wins at bikes...Ducati much...
    ---
    ummm...explain how Japanese cars are better for tuning and racing purposes...and how American cars are better for cruising and long drives? And american cars are more of a luxury...guess you've never sat in a -------quick american car...hell I can't even think of a American car that has a luxury feel anything like a Euro car...
    ---
    Umm...american muscle isn't dead...displacement is dead...big blocks are dead...Theres no sense in shoving a BBC into a mid-level "sports" car when a SBC LSx can make more power...unboosted...and still get 20+mpg

----------------------------------------------------

Now...ill post some cars that are actually win...

[​IMG]
    First up...the Porsche 911 GT2...yes...GT2...in case you live under a rock...this might be the most awesome car to ever come from Porsche...
    530/505 @~3100lbs...thats roughly 1 hp for ever 6 pounds...impressive to say the least. A car like this is...a true "tuner"...

--

[​IMG]
    This is what "horsepower" wars brings about....this is the new Corvette ZR-1...Said to be ~620hp on low boost, and should weigh around 3500 or so...Im sure the "tuning" of this car will be insane via aftermarket companies to say the least...
    Thats what it feels like for america...to ---- on the supercar world...

12. AKW

AKW Senior Member

That is why I said Germany.

I love BMW and own a Dinan 5 540i. We also used to own a Boxster Porsche S which was eventually wrecked and that was a really nice car as well. I just don't understand why Germany (or atleast Euro) is not in the list. And Italian drivers normally don't drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini and Lamborghini sucks balls.. look up the history. It is like if John Deer started making supercars... yeah, EXACTLY what I want. I am not saying I wouldn't take a Lamborghini because I deffinitely WOULD and I am not stating they are bad cars... but I AM saying that you can drive up the road to Marinello and buy a Ferrari. But this topic isn't about supercars. Because I highly doubt that's what he meant. The best supercar (in everyone's opinion) is the McLaren F1 and it did NOT come from Italy.. and the point of a supercar is just about the F1. Just like the F40's and F50's of the world the Enzo will soon be replaced. The F1 will never be because that is the last Strictly McLaren car... and don't dare say McCedes' SLR is a proper supercar because it surely is not.

I just would like to say that each and every car company has something going for them...

RALLY CAR CLASS -

Renault - 5 Maxi Turbo
    Pugeot - 206
    Lancia - Delta
    Audi - S1
    Subaru - Impreza STi
    Suzuki - Escudo
    Toyota - Celica GT4
    Mitsubishi - Lancer Evolution
    Lancia - Stratos
    Audi - S4
    Ford - Focus
    Citroen - Xsara
    Hyundai - Accent

SCCA RACING CLUB CARS -

Pontiac - Firebird
    Cheverolet - Camaro
    Mazda - RX7
    Nissan - Silvia K's
    Opel - Astra
    Cheverolet - Corvet
    Shelby - GT500
    Shelby - GT
    Dodge - Charger
    Dodge - SRT4
    Pontiac - GTO
    Lexus - IS300
    Austin - Healey
    Acura - RSX-S
    Mitsubishi - 3000GT
    Mitsubishi - FTO
    Nissan - 300zx
    Nissan - 350z
    Renault - Clio
    Honda - S2000
    Honda - CRX
    Toyota - MR2
    Toyota - Supra
    Volkswagon - Golf
    Factory 5 - Type 65
    Factory 5 - MK3 / Challenge Series

SUPERCAR CLASS -

McLarean - F1
    DeTomaso Pantera
    Factory 5 - GTM
    Mercedes / McLaren - SLR
    Dodge - Viper
    Nissan - Skyline
    Koeniggsegg - CCR / CCRX / CCRGT
    Ferrari - Enzo
    Ferrari - F40
    Ferrari - F50
    Lotus - Esprit
    Lotus - Exige
    Lotus - Elise
    Aston Martin - DB9
    Aston Martin - V12 Vanquish
    Lamborghini - Countach
    Lamborghini - Diablo
    Lamborghini - Gallardo
    Maserati - MC12
    Porsche - GT2
    Porsche - GT3
    Porsche - Carrera GT
    Porsche - 917 (PIG)
    Acura / Honda - NSX
    Ford - GT40
    Ford - GT
    Shelby - Cobra
    Pagani - Zonda / Zonda-S
    BMW - M3 / M5 / M6
    Opel - Speedster

All right... now the point in this is to prove that ALL car companies have their day, their model, THEIR car, and they all have something that is DEFFINITELY worth buying.

Note : Yes, I didn't List all but... I hope it proves my point.

13. `sparks

`sparks Jcoca

If the Lamborghini sucked balls...it wouldn't have the status it does and couldn't fetch the constant price it does...and lets not overlook the Murci LP640...Im not saying its on the caliber of an F-car or even a P-car...but the Lambo is a beautiful...powerful machine...you can think it sucks balls...but...in reality its a nicer car as far as the drivetrain, chassis, body, interior, craftsmanship than anything most of us will ever own...

Now onto the Beamer talk

Im a huge fan of Dinan, running his transmission as well as performance chips in our BMW. The Dinan 540 as in the SC'd version if so, they're a very nice car. Since you're a BMW fan...Ill post up some pics of ours and since you're a fan of the McLaren...Im sure you know what motor is in this car ^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. AKW

AKW Senior Member

Very very nice. I love it bro...

Atleast we know what we are talking about though... and I did say that "Lamborghini sucks balls" but that isn't entirely what I meant.. such as "HE'S ON FIRE! Somebody stop him". Yeah, they do make good cars but they have 0.0001% heritage versus all other supercar makers. Someone who started out making tractors making me a 100k$+ car... erh not my favorite picture... but yeah, they are nice..

Back to that BMW thing.. they rule. Only independant car company in the world that mass produces and it is in F1 and is the ----. You HAVE to respect that.. just as I do Ferrari and almost all others. I just dropped down when they bought then dropped Maserati. Kind of shocked me...

But I am rushing this post to go eat.

Jap vs. US... US vs. UK... UK vs. Germany... and you still can't leave out all the other combinations...

It is never complete and there are so many things so it is very limited, this thread is... because it leaves so much open. But yeah... gtg X__X

Okay... now to finish this up.

Yes, the //M Dinan Supercharged 4.4L V8 in the 540 with the 6 Speed gearbox.