Can you play FF7 on PS3?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by shadowfierce, Sep 30, 2011.

1. shadowfierce

shadowfierce Member

so i brought ps3, thinking excitedly that im gonna play all the cool prince of persia games and final fantasy 7 woo hoo finally until i tried putting it on and huh? it didn't work?

then i found out that you can't actually play ps2 games on ps3 (oh bollocks, they told me that after i spent my money).

but someone told me that i can play it by downloading it online or something.
    is that true? if so, how do i start?

2. GAm3rX

GAm3rX Senior Member

well in order to do that it is illegal and you would have to jailbreak your ps3.... allowing you to download games onto your platform... its not hard you just have to buy a usb off of a website... look it up PS3 Jailbreak.. i honestly would not recommend this as this is a greater chance of viruses and you have to keep up with it by updating all the time its quite a hassal but maybe its ur cup of tea.

3. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

yes you can play ff7 on ps3. its in the playstation store under playstation games.

i have ff7,ff8,ff9 downloaded from the PS store for the PS3. you just cant shove PS1 or PS2 game discs in. however the older 60GB first gen ps3 models that i got takes the ps2 games not anymore though :) they pretty expensive to get your hands now though.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

You can play PS2 games on the first version PS3. The newer version, Slim, you can not play ps2 games from discs on it.

5. The_Faf

The_Faf Well-Known Member

I have the slim model PS3. Can't play PS2 games on it, but original PSX games work just fine.

FF 7, 8, and 9 are all available to download via the PlayStation Store.