Camera Drawn Crew | Applications Open | Apply Now

Discussion in 'Crew Haven' started by Geox, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Slight

Slight Senior Member

2. Geox

Geox Well-Known Member

nice. yea just experiment with the lens and youll figure out what works best in the given situation very quickly.

and i just realized something. when GR starts V4, there wont be any crew forums or stickied posts or anything but there also wont be any restrictions on what the crew can do...so we can make an outside forum for the crew to show off pick, discuss random stuff etc.
    hm....maybe i wont hate v4 too much after all ^_^

3. Slight

Slight Senior Member

i might go to the same spot with my tripod, :) cuz when i zoom all the way the lens get sensitive.

btw: can n e one help me with a sport lens? i would like to take pics of moving things, cars people ect.. any tiips?

4. hotrocks

hotrocks Well-Known Member

do you mean you want us to suggest a lens for sports events? or advice on shooting sports events

the former, get a nice telephoto thats fast (small aperture number, like 2.8 or so)

the latter, high shutter speed 500-2000 and continous shooting if your camera allows it....

i dont know exactly what you want to know tho

5. Slight

Slight Senior Member

yes well, thats what i need suggestion on what kind of lens i need like there is so many different ones. Wide angle tlephoto standar macro ect.. so im not sure what kind of lens specs i should be targeting at.

so i need a telephoto with low aperture fast shutter?

yes my cam has a continous shooting setting

6. hotrocks

well it depends on exacty what kind of sport/motion and how close youll be (indoor, outdoor, sidelines, crowd, etc.)

so if your in the crowd and want to take good close up sports shots id suggest a 100-300mm or something around that maybe 55-200...that has an aperture of 2.8 or 3.5, to allow shooting in lower light (or shooting at high shutter speeds) and for the depth of field you will achieve (a sharp athlet with everything else a little blurred)

7. Slight

Slight Senior Member

well i just don't understand em, lol i see some telephotos says x3 x2 others say 100mm ect. i want prob outdoors and not necessarily sports events, just moving objects at a not very close range, i guess a 100 mm would do just fine.

8. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

Slight, I'd say wait until you understand all the stuff before you go for that lens. It'll help you significantly to understand how aperture and shutter speed will affect active photography. I know my telephoto lens doesn't cut it for indoor photography, but works just find outdoors. The aperture goes down to 4.5 and that's about it, which is my problem. If I ever get enough money, I'll buy a better lens, but I'm a poor college student meself :P. Anyway, don't rush into a decision until you have a decent understanding. That way you won't end up disappointed or have wasted your money :)

ZAR, show us some more of your variety of photography. Why don't you tell us something about yourself with your photography? I was told to do that and it gave me quite a bit of inspiration to work with :)

Also, I would have agreed with your guys' decision about sos. Congrats on joinin' us :D.

Geox, when V4 comes out, I can set up a message board. I've run quite a few in my nineteen years and can easily pick it up again. I'm still admin of one, even though I don't really do anything, lol. They keep me around because I started the whole thing though.

PS... I'm back! Yay! It rained... a lot. But I took pictures :D

I'm addicted to smilies.

PPS
    Illuminati: you can pm me the photos and all the info if you like. It works either way, I'll just set it up a little different. If you want, you can make your dA active too ;)

9. hotrocks

yeah slight i can tell you dont know too much about it so maybe learn up on it before you make any decision....and fyi the 2x, 3x is a teleconverter; you attach it to your current lens and it makes it 2 times or 3 times more zoom (so if you did the 2x to your 300mm it would turn into a 600mm lens)

what camera do you have btw?

here are some articles you should read (and you can search through this blog, as it has 100's of great articles)

http://digital-photography-school.com/blog...eginners-guide/
    http://digital-photography-school.com/blog...-shutter-speed/
    and maybe this one http://digital-photography-school.com/blog...eginners-guide/

10. Slight

Slight Senior Member

ah, i see now... lol naw i don't need 600mm im even scared at that lens right now don't want to touch a 600mm lol..

and i have a Rebel XTI

@}SoC{SainT

i know i should learn more and not rush but yeh. I just wanted to make research and see what i could get later on.

11. .:Illuminati:.

.:Illuminati:. Senior Member

Ok SainT what I'll prbly do is divide up the work as I get it and give some of it to you to upload on the crew's dA and take the rest of it and put it on my dA so as to get that thing going too.

12. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

Well, if you're gonna put stuff on your dA, what you should do is upload all of it, and send some of it my way :). That way I can link to your deviation and get you some more views.

I really just want more pics up that aren't my own :P

13. .:Illuminati:.

.:Illuminati:. Senior Member

14. hotrocks

if you want a lot of pics on the crews dA you can just go thru my gallery and pick ones you like/are popular and put em up..im just lazy as ------

15. Geox

Geox Well-Known Member

ill put some in the DA account when i have some free time