Calling Out Gr Oldies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CheX, Oct 28, 2008.

1. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware Xen did graphics? =P

2. (terror)

(terror) dark

:P

3. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

so who here actually does graphics anymore?

4. (terror)

(terror) dark

wat r dez grepicz

5. Mortified Penguin

Mortified Penguin Senior Member

Lol, if anyone besides Pepsi still does graphics then I can gb2/hell/ srsly.

6. Res

Res Well-Known Member

I just started looking around again, a couple days ago. Been here a little while.

7. .Nector Vectors.

.Nector Vectors. Well-Known Member

I never worked with Hydra. And Whether or not i battled you, i couldnt say, cause its been a while.

/agree bfarbers coding is good.

But, I still know people that are MUCH better then him ( by no means am i putting him down.) but they are doing coding for companies who pay them thousands of dollars per week.

And on top of that, your templates, which your saying sell for 800-1000$, I am sure they are good, and congrats for that achievment. I dont know what you work with nowadays, but i hope its better then v3. Which was sold as #1 because of all the people who like simplicity, and darkness. Good job on that.

This account wasnt purchased. I dont even recall how i got it.

8. //:Protocol

//:Protocol Senior Member

Old but inactive

9. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Designing is all about simplicity when i comes to web design. Cluttered, high tech, busy websites are ugly and hard to navigate. If you were even remotely competent with templates you would know this. The reason the skin is dark is because of the renders on it, the darker the better for seeing render mistakes when posted, and considering this is a render site, put 2 and 2 together.

I did beat you, and if you didn't work with hydra you weren't even on the list ofr possible candidates for GR template, and yes, I vividly remember your name in the competition.

Bfarber works for invision as one of their primary coders. Sure, people get paid *more* but that doesn't mean they are better. Very, VERY, few people are better at coding for IPB than.. *gasp* the IPB coders themselves.

Oh, and last I checked, this was about you vs me and calypso, as we are the ones doing v4. So unless you think you can both code better than Calypso and skin better than myself (this skin being a few months after I got known in the website community, about 2 years ago), don't make such arrogant remarks.

10. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

I think a more neutral color is easier for spotting errors, but I do agree with what you said. The busier the website, the less pr0fessional it looks. I don't even do web design, and I know this. I don't know why I never realized it was you who designed the template on here... weird. Oh well. I was going to look at other stuff you made, but can't seem to find a link to your website or anything, so I gave up.

To get famous in the market, you just need good marketing skills. As I was told by a pr0fessional photographer a few weeks ago: "You can be the best photographer in the world, and no one will know who you are if you don't know anything about business. Likewise, you can be the worst photographer in the world and everyone will know who you are and want your services, simply because you know about business." (or something like that)

Personally, I believe this argument has been argued out. Neither of you can judge what another person's skills are in relation to another person who only one of you "knows". Unless you feel like it, of course. But it won't likely win anyone over.

Tell me again why I posted this? *waits to see what GR members will think of in response* I'll just laugh if it's something negative, seriously. I might even respond, depending on if I have any root beer left, which I probably won't. And forgive me if the topic doesn't flow, I think I'm drinking Barq's, so I believe I'm getting caffeine. Mug doesn't have any, so I always get confused. Does Taco Bell distribute Coca Cola, or Pepsi?

Hey, Dementia, you're awesome and stuff. You should drop the idea of adding the awesome smilie. GR is empty without it.

11. HKstyluzZ

HKstyluzZ Well-Known Member

first time i've been on since 05 haha
    so much has changed
    i think i left when simplicity just got in
    as opposed to renders and a brushed background

12. bratzer

bratzer Senior Member

Now where is that "blablablabla" emote when you need one? :blink:

13. kovan

kovan Senior Member

is '05 also an oldie :P .. been active for 3 years now, kinda long if you think about it xD

14. Most people who post in here or spam really don't... That includes me, since graphics have become unappealing at the moment...

15. SomeThingCreepy

SomeThingCreepy Well-Known Member

4 years. -------active. bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh