Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by dope2k9, Jul 18, 2009.

1. -=117=-

-=117=- Well-Known Member

What? If your talking about the guy I quoted saying that the COD was dropped, you've obviously confused yourself.

I updated him [the person i quoted] that COD was put back in.

---about the game---
    I sure hope there wil be 64 player servers on the PC version. If they dumb it down to console versions, the game will be more disappointing then what details I've already heard.

2. 404legend

404legend Well-Known Member

nah, didnt mean to quote that other guy, just what you mentioned in that post, SSJ8 had posted saying that the COD tag had been removed from modern warfare 2's title so i quoted your post saying about it being put back on, im not sure if its been taken off again and thats what your trying to say or not but...

-on topic-

Create a Character as well as Create a Class.
    RPG style level ups. For example holding your breath while sniping will give you iron lungs if done enough times. Sprinting grants you Endurance perk.
    Armor and clothing grants you other perks such as Juggernaut and Bomb squad.
    Physical Perks and Combat Perks separated by the actions required to advance in said category.
    Wider range in customization with weapons and equipment.

^ That sounds like it might be a bit of fun

Also do you know anything about that MW2 controller?

3. Mxsuperfly

Mxsuperfly Senior Member

This game is going to be kickass. :D

4. 404legend

i have a feeling UK players are gonna get mugged... i was flicking through ign, and i cant find modern warfare 2 prestige edition english release date on their 360 page =/

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14281102.html

ok, its not just the english

Remember when it was announced that there will two special editions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 that'll include lots of cool doohickeys like a working set of night vision goggles? Well, it looks like PC gamers are getting the shaft. Big Download has reported that neither the Prestige nor the Hardened Edition will be available with the PC version of the game.

^http://www.gameonn.com/2009/07/pc-gamers-g...warfare-2-swag/

5. Mxsuperfly

Mxsuperfly Senior Member

PC gaming has died in my opinion. Consoles are taking over. While it is still popular, it's just not that great anymore.

6. 404legend

Yeh i know where your coming from, but it's kind of harsh not letting the few dedicated pc gamers not get anything =/

7. -=117=-

-=117=- Well-Known Member

I strongly disagree.

Consoles are still weaker. Even though they bring majority of gamers who don't want to spend time planning a great computer they would want. The consoles still are not up to range as PC games are. PC games can handle much more processing and power than the consoles. That's why there are no MMO's on the consoles. Crysis is also a good example, with it's massive world and crazy good graphics, the consoles couldn't handle the game the way the PC can.

Anyway, Modern Warfare 2 may be priced the same between consoles and the PC, but the PC will most likely have the advantage on Multiplayer. I haven't seen a single Console game handle 64 players at once, the PC can. They are too busy with Matchmaking. I prefer the PC controls in any game over the controller of a console. The mouse has no real boundary, where the little sticks can only go a certain speed and you can't keep a good control on the sensetivity as a mouse.
    ( Don't get me started on MAG, though)

Just my opinion anyway, as yours is.

8. 404legend

Final Fantasy 11 was released onto the ps2 as well as the pc and the 360 have it aswell......Just thought....yeh

But i do sorta agree with you

9. Mxsuperfly

Mxsuperfly Senior Member

I'm not saying it's 'obsolete', but things are changing. 64 players on a console would be pointless, just more noobs running around making multiplayer easier.

About Crysis: The graphics were fantastic, but when I went to play multiplayer, it was crap. Great game though. To me, there are few great multiplayer games for the PC.

I don't hear much about PC games anymore. I just believe that console games are more popular.

*I'm not 'dissing' PC gaming seeing as I was largely into that, but it died down. Not many great games were released that interested me.

10. tinrocked

tinrocked Member

Going back to the GTA IV vs Saints Row 2 discussion... Saints Row 2 is your typical gang ---- taking over hoods and what not, while GTA IV actually has a story and a good one at that. Not to mention, GTA IV used Euphoria, one of the best physics engines of our time. I wasn't a huge fan of CoD4 like most people, but it was pretty awesome. I'm more anxious for Bioshock 2. I'm still playing Bioshock 1. PCs aren't going anywhere either... it's just most kids don't have steaming PCs to run games such as GTA IV, Crysis, and Call of Duty. They shouldn't be playing mature games anyways... they're rather annoying on the mic. <_<

11. RedEyes_

RedEyes_ Well-Known Member

Delete sorry double posted ;(

12. RedEyes_

With Modern warfare 1 bieng as big as it was from the real time demos i think Modern war 2 is going bring the heat i already pre-ordered and reserved mine and the collectors edition(comes with Night vision goggles) when i went and picked up Ufc Undisputed 09

13. Mxsuperfly

Mxsuperfly Senior Member

From the multiplayer video that was posted, it looks like you can call in a gunship and control it. Should be very interesting.

14. RedEyes_

should be nice i cant wait the solo campaign looks amazing also and the prstige edition is amazing

15. Mxsuperfly

Mxsuperfly Senior Member

This game is definitely going to get some awards. I can't wait to get it.