Call Of Duty 5 Or Resistance Fall Of Man 2?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by eKs, Oct 13, 2008.

1. eKs

eKs Active Member

These games are getting a lot of hype. Which one do you think is going to be better and why?

2. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Well, traditionally COD5 should just be a boring copy of whatever Infinity Ward dreamed up in the previous episode, but COD5 amazingly seems to be taking a fresh path for once. I never liked RFOM, and I think PS3 exclusive titles are stupid (as consoles are terrible for FPS shooters, regardless).

I'd have to go with Sim City 4. I've been playing it non-stop for the last week and a half.

3. eKs

eKs Active Member

Sim City 4. What game console is this for?

4. smallpau1

smallpau1 Senior Member

"Infinity Ward will become the exclusive developer of the Call of Duty franchise following the release of Treyarch-developed CoD5, a former Activision employee has told Next-Gen.

Next-Gen learned from an ex-Activision Underground employee on Monday that Infinity Ward, developer of November's CoD4, recently prompted a renegotiation of its contract with parent Activision so that the studio would be the sole developer of the FPS series.

Treyarch will still be the developer behind the upcoming CoD5.

The renegotiation of the contract between Activision and Infinity Ward is also linked to the shuttering of the 45-person Foster City, Calif.-based studio, Activision Underground, said our source, who wished to remain anonymous.

Underground was working on two projects - a port of Quake Wars (described as "late and over-budget" by our source) and a new CoD game.

But the new CoD game wasn't going to be an FPS like previous franchise entries, rather a third-person action-adventure game spin-off that would also become a yearly franchise on top of the original FPS-style series.

However, with the renegotiation of the contract with star studio Infinity Ward, no other Activision studio is able to develop any CoD-branded game. This effectively canned Underground's CoD adventure spin-off.

Activision confirmed that Underground will be completely shut down by the end of May."

C&VG

Treyarch is the company who created the god awful CoD3 which nobody plays any longer. But according to this report, Infinity Ward will be making CoD from 6 and on.

5. l0l0l

l0l0l Senior Member

I don't really think you can compare the two games. They only have a couple of things in common...like there both shooter, and in WWII

6. mantis33

mantis33 Banned from GR

Hmmm, sounds like you can compare them to me. :P

I've never played Resistance, but COD4 is a solid game, so I assume COD5 will be as well. I prefer Halo myself, however.

7. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

COD 5 will be better.

8. r3m1x

r3m1x Well-Known Member

Dead Space.

9. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Dead Space is nothing like 'em though.

COD is more established, but honestly, aside from CoD4 the other ones (Primarily set in WW2) have been nothing special.

10. Ini

Ini Well-Known Member

Both will be good, but I think Resistance 2 will be better. Call of duty games are good, but they lack any real plot.

11. .Statik

.Statik Well-Known Member

It not the grp of ppl that made CoD5 or CoD2 its the grp that made CoD3 so yea i hope they do better than they did last time. Also i cant wait for dead space or fallout 3

12. FallenAngelVII

FallenAngelVII Well-Known Member

Resistance 2, it seems that the story will develop much better than Call of Duty's.
    Also 60 players online, come on :P.

13. Magicgfx

Magicgfx Senior Member

60 players online?... Can you IMAGINE the lag?.. I agree that cod doesnt have the best storyline, or atlesat, hasn't in the past for its campaign, but the real reason people get these games is for the online multiplayer. That being said, I'd never played resistance.

14. FallenAngelVII

FallenAngelVII Well-Known Member

They did an excellent job in Resistance: Fall of Man as far as lag goes.
    That was 40 players, I see no problem with them doing 60.

Insomniac knows what they're doing, they usually don't add a feature like this unless they are sure they can handle it.

15. eKs

eKs Active Member

Dead Space.
    [/b][/quote]

Deadspace. Hmmm. What is this space that is dead? :tongue: