Book Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anti-Hero, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero Well-Known Member

Ok well ive seen a few review topics about so I thought I would make one around subjects I find rather interesting which are vampires and witchcraft. I read about 2 books a week so this will be updated every week. (Feel free to ask questions and debate about the subjects, what entail this topic)

Real Vampires

Just finished this book and well I found it rather dull and uninteresting it talks about
    Hollywood myth and real vampire events but the author more or less gives the impression that People who claim to be vampires aren't vampires but rather wannabe’s and under and illusion that they are (which more less kills any other views and respect I had for the factual evidence this book gives)

Vampires by Konstantinos

Ok this book gets credit straight of it references the sources used and even tho its slow and keeps reminding you what’s in the upcoming chapters he clearly states that he is giving his OWN knowledge and beliefs into what vampires mean to him backed up with facts. The pages are horrible tho big bold writeing and huge margins how ever it gives detail descriptions of vampire lore and event thought out history and key out myth from fact

if this is in the wrong area pls move it :)

2. Trax

Trax Well-Known Member

I'm interested in vampire but I don't really do researches on them. Though, I know the basics of a vampire as example they are scared of garlic and sun kills them.

3. ikore

ikore Well-Known Member

good review the second book sound quite intersting must hunt one copy down for myself

i have just finshed Zero by Charles Seife whic talk about the histroy of the number zero and maths how it evolved and so i also has a really intersting part about the exetience of god and the odds of there being one.

I just a copy of Jack the Ripper the black magic rituals by ivor edwards which deals with whole satanism angle will post a review when i am done .