.bmp Problem

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mezoni, Jul 3, 2005.

1. mezoni

mezoni Well-Known Member

hey y'all, today when i started up my computer i went to look for a pic and i noticed all the .bmp pictures showed up like this(click link below). can someone help me get it to show the way it should.

thanks in advance.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5947/wierdpic9gl.png

2. gjedda

gjedda Well-Known Member

well, do they still work ?? cant u just press open in and then select the program you want to view them in ??

3. mezoni

mezoni Well-Known Member

lol well yes they work but i just want them to look like they should, i know this is pretty lame but.... well :D

4. Fate

Fate Well-Known Member

Right click >> open with >> windows picture and fax viewer, and tick the box that says sometihng like 'always use this program to open this file type'.

Done.

5. mezoni

mezoni Well-Known Member

uh sorry to disappoint you but i've tried that and the always use this program option is blanked out grey. they open up ok but all i want it to show the usual .bmp picture instead of that in the pic i linked u guys to.

6. mezoni

mezoni Well-Known Member

i was also thinking what if i put my windows xp home edition sp2 disk in and do repair all windows files think that would work?.

7. mezoni

mezoni Well-Known Member

ok now it's decided to un blank out the always use this program,but one prob is when i click windows fax viewer thingy then i click always use this program it opens the pic up and the icon is still the same and when i go back to open with then choose a program the always use this program is unchecked