Blackberry Curve

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by FTWrath, Apr 16, 2008.

1. FTWrath

FTWrath Well-Known Member

I just got it last night and I love it so far.
    It's good for texting. It took me no time to get used to the key board and I'll take it over T9 any day.
    I wanted a media phone and a web phone and it's both those things for me.
    The quality on it is just as good if not better than my iPod video when I compared the two.
    Easy to get files on, all I did was plug the usb cable that came with it in and just dragged songs and videos right in.
    You can also install the cd that comes along and back up everything, add songs and videos, and applications as well.

Does anyone else here have it?
    Wondering if there's a way I can watch videos online as well from youtube and other sites like that.
    Or if there's any embeded video sites that work with it.
    Any sites with free applications?

2. ~.Showtime

~.Showtime Well-Known Member

you cant put youtube videos straight on it unless you have a youtube downloader

3. johndapunk FTW

johndapunk FTW Senior Member

I use a youtube downloader called Alive Youtube Video Converter. Its simple, and you can encode the videos with that program into like 20 different formats (avi, wmv, mp4, mp3 even for audio only). That's the only way I've gotten youtube stuff on my curve 8310. I contemplated trying to make an application that would download the Youtube videos just like normal programs do, and have it encode the videos all on the Curve... but it would be too time consuming to make. Other than that, I love my 8310... all except for the Music Player, it sucks balls. There is almost no functionality to it besides playing a song, but hopefully that will change in the future.

You can check out an assortment of applications that are cataloged on Blackberry's site.
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/builtforblackberry/

4. FTWrath

Well I'm looking for a way to stream youtube on the Curve itself not put videos from the pc to it.
    I know I can download some videos of tinytube.net and just open and watch. But that's about it.
    I have a 8310 too.

5. MattMann

MattMann Well-Known Member

I have the 8320. I love it also. You can view videos on break.com. As of now you cannot stream youtube videos on your blackberry but they are releasing a new update soon for the OS (version 4.5) that enables that along with some other stuff like video recording.

6. //CrazyHorse

//CrazyHorse Well-Known Member

I'm using the 8130 (the Curve, but smaller. :P) and have been really impressed so far.

I've noticed that YouTube seems to work for me when I point the BlackBerry Browser to youtube.com. If it doesn't work for you, maybe your provider locked you out? Or maybe your internet is sort of slow... Not sure I'd try it if you're not on 3G.

anyway, as far as software recommendations go, DITCH the BlackBerry Browser in favor of Opera Mini. It's SO much faster and renders web pages sort of iPhone-style. That is, you get a top-down view that you can zoom into. Even renders CSS properly. Also, Facebook for Blackberries is really useful if you're a facebook user. I love having the notifications pushed to their own little app on my phone.

Other than that, sounds like you've about got it covered. Enjoy. I know I do. n.n

7. Prince Zainx

Prince Zainx The Dark Prince

As far as I know you can put applications onto the Curve,
    My friend has it and let me tell you, he has some CRAZY Stuff on his phone..

I dont know about You-tube downloader but I guess Google, WWW can give you some answers if you search for it

I have been using Pearl 8100 and it has most the stuff I need, Email, Texting, Online and other stuff
    So yeah...

8. FTWrath

I have edge which is faster than 3G. The Curve doesn't use the 3G network on AT&T.
    I can gety on youtube without a p[roblem its watching the videos that doesn:t work.