Big Bang

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by Λtreyu, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Λtreyu

Λtreyu Well-Known Member

original:
    [​IMG]

revised:
    [​IMG]

2. KikiKANNIBAL

KikiKANNIBAL Well-Known Member

Its a bit too much imo
    The text seems out of place also brah :/.

3. AnythingPink

AnythingPink Well-Known Member

It's just messy and the concept makes no sense. This render is better used with manip tags imo.

4. mantis33

mantis33 Banned from GR

So by "made everything but stock and c4ds" (and text), you mean you made nothing but the composition. :P

5. scarletham

scarletham Well-Known Member

I actually like it quite a bit.

Other people who don't like it probably just aren't used to something new. We're all a bit used to standard sigs with once concept and focus and no variation in colors. You did something new that feels like it has a lot of life, and the numerous concepts within it give it depth. Nice work.

6. Λtreyu

Λtreyu Well-Known Member

i handmade the nebula to her right (which is actually a small section of a large piece made by me that took about a dozen hours to complete) and the rest of the space atmosphere behind her, using smudging techniques from scratch that honestly are not that easy to do. but i can tell that you all do not particularly like my chaotic and colorful style (with splatter brushes mixed with grunge and tech and sparkle and c4d and smudging etc). im sorry you all do not like my craziness! i have been working with this style for a few years, and all of you who do not know me are probably just unaccustomed to it. but try to be more open to creativity, consider it as a piece of art, which can thus be created however the creator sees fit

edit: i just noticed scarletham said pretty much the same thing hahah. thanks
    edit2: i added a new version as my current

7. AnythingPink

AnythingPink Well-Known Member

So basically you want me to be bias in order to like your work? Regardless if I'm accustomed to you or not, I go by what looks good to my eye.

Maybe this would have looked nice in 05 when standards were different. But don't get me wrong, I am all for creativity, but I'm sure most can see why I don't personally find this tag appealing, it's just random.

8. scarletham

I think the basic idea of what he's saying is that you need to think a bit outside the box. Commenting that it's random is good, writing off the sig because it's random is bad. Come at these things with an open mind and learn to look at this sig and rate it past it being, well, random.

Long story short, try to think like a grown up ;D

9. mantis33

mantis33 Banned from GR

Throwing a million styles into one and making a chaotic banner doesn't really require any "outside the box" creative thinking IMO.

10. scarletham

Whenever you find yourself limited in your way of thinking to the extent that you can't accept any art as abstract, ask yourself this - Could I recreate the original sig?

11. Λtreyu

Λtreyu Well-Known Member

exactly. simplicity is a specific style, just as is complexity. and fluidity is a style, just as is rigidity. it is up to the designer to intermingle these styles and use them in an easily presentable and attractive way. i can easily put a stock on a soft, smudged background and ad a few c4d renders and lighting effects, but does it portray the image i want to portray? obviously simple styles are not going to be the best for all ideas. the big bang was not a quiet, simple, orderly event; it was crazy, colorful and complex! something i tried to portray in my tag.

scarletham is right, a good question to ask ,for any style, would definitely be "can i recreate this sig"? does it use techniques that i do not know, and does it use many different layers of different effects to create the atmosphere and depth that the final piece has? do i even know how he/she created the effects in his/her tag?

its fine that you don't like my sig; it is actually a good thing, it gives me reason to push my boundaries and attempt to clean up/better represent my ideas. it gives me something to strive for. but i also know that when you come to expect only a certain style or method of designing, that is when you begin to lose your sense of personal limitless creativity and replace it with that of normative, heavily-reproduced (yet completely successful) styles.

12. mantis33

mantis33 Banned from GR

Someone doesn't take criticism to well.

13. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

I actually, nearly, laughed reading this.

The tag is out-dated, as someone said it -may- have looked ok a couple of years back.

"Other people who don't like it probably just aren't used to something new."
    It's not particularly original, plenty of random messy colourful tags. Not liking something because it's random does not mean someone is not open to new things, simply that they have their opinion on what looks good.

"but try to be more open to creativity, consider it as a piece of art, which can thus be created however the creator sees fit"
    So why post it somewhere you're going to get CnC? Not only do I not consider tags art, but, if you're going to dismiss peoples comments simply because it came out as how you want it then why post? .."Art" isn't one sided, what looks good to you, isn't going to to someone else.

"would definitely be "can i recreate this sig"? does it use techniques that i do not know"
    Unbelivably irrelevant to rating a sig, I actually don't understand how this has come up. Someone's ability to create the tag they're rating doesn't matter at all, not being able to replicate that exact sig or knowing the exact same techniques doesn't make people any less viable to criticize work.

"but i also know that when you come to expect only a certain style or method of designing"
    Again, not relevant. It's not a case of not accepting your style, it's a case of not liking your style. I'm not trying to be harsh, the tag does have it's good points but you've ruined any chance of proper comments since the criticism was dealt with in such a poor manner. Honestly, it's not a particularly original tag, it's got it's good and it's got it's bad points.

14. mantis33

mantis33 Banned from GR

Owned.

/closed

15. scarletham

I'll bite.

Just a reminder to you, one of the main benefits of C&C is for the artist to take what people have said and consider whether or not they consider it a suggestion that in their opinion would be for the better. Responding to C&C does not mean somebody can't take criticism - it just means they don't agree with the C&C. Disagreeing with C&C is something not too common around here, so I understand your concern.

In recreating a sig - If you would kindly read what I said over again and this time take the context into consideration, then you would notice something about it - I directed this comment towards the comment that it looks like a million different things thrown together. My comment was a simple reminder that what may look like things tossed on top of each other could be far more complex than you think. Think about it.

In general, I would recommend that you try not to view things on here as irrelevant simply because the style is outdated. This isn't a fashion show, it's a forum for experimentation with sigs. Close mindedness is never the best attitude.

All the best!

Not quite. Cute try, though ;D