Best System Worth Your Buck?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by flee, Jul 5, 2008.

1. flee

flee Well-Known Member

Hi there!

I dont have a new generation consel yet..lol but i am planning to buy one this month . i was looking more towards the 360 because of the games it has and the great price. But i always wanted a ps3 but looking at its games dosnt really convince me. i have enough money for both systems ....some people say the 360 is over because halo already came out and the ps3 is good in the long run...but the games seem like they take forever to make and sometimes arnt that great. couldn't anyone give me feedback what to buy at this time?

2. Nigge

Nigge Well-Known Member

360, almost as good gfx as ps3 and alot cheaper. ;)

3. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

pretty much every game released for both has had superior image quality AND frame rate on the 360...

and the price of both systems overall is about the same.

in the end, choose which one has the games you want and go for that.

4. Faith.09

Faith.09 Banned from GR

360 isnt "over" because Halo already came out.. lots of awesome games are coming out, and the graphics are definitely the same and better in some cases imo (friend has a PS3 so no, im not a fanboy)

5. GAm3rX

GAm3rX Senior Member

Ps3 its got Blu-Ray...

Period

6. l0l0l

l0l0l Senior Member

These threads really suck imo. It's all really just opinion based.

So here is my opinion/facts ^^

Xbox online is alot better then the PS3, but the PS3 online is free.
    PS3 has Blu-ray, Xbox 360 has HDDVD <----(HDDVD is dieing out though)
    PS3 and Xbox 360 both have wireless, accept you have too buy a wireless adapter for the xbox(But i'm pretty sure it comes with a 20ft ethernet)
    Graphics wise im not really sure...There is BioShock for Xbox(Which is comming to PS3 anyways) and MGS4, both look frigin awsome.
    And Xbox get Fable 2...
    And for games its all up too you. If you like shooters, RPG I would recommend Xbox 360. If you like Adventure, puzzle, racing, RPGtype games I would recommend
    But you can get Doom 1 on your Xbox

They can both connect to your computer through Windows Media Player. With the xbox you can listen to music. With the PS3 you can listen too music, look at pictures, watch videos and you can also copy them over to your PS3 hardrive.(I'm not sure if you can look at videos and pictures with the xbox, although i'm sure you can)

7. Nigge

Nigge Well-Known Member

Xbox is getting GoW 2 l8 and many ONLY 360 games, but PS3 got MGS4 and is getting GT5!!!!

8. TAD. Zolo

TAD. Zolo Well-Known Member

Well I mean I guess it really does depend a lot on what you like. I've just had Sony consoles from the beginning so I've stuck with it. Xbox has some good features that PS3 doesn't, and Vice Versa. As for price, xbox is more expensive in the long run if you get xbox live. I don't really see the point in paying the money monthly, but whatever. One game that is going to destroy all other games is Little Big Planet, which is PS3 only. Just look at some games that are certain consoles only and decide by that.

9. boomheadshot45

boomheadshot45 Well-Known Member

To be honest, they are about the same IMO. Its all about the games now, so which franchises interest you more?
    God of War, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, ect. then go for the PS3
    Fable, Halo, Gears of War, Forza, ect. then go for the 360.

10. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

umm as far as games go it doesn't matter, save for MSG4 which is more a movie than a game... nothing really uses past 8GB unless you're counting downloadable content.

as far as a media center, the PS3 is a half assed media center compared to $300 PC + bluray drive + a few TB of storage space.

that's the curse of high bit rate media, while it might read more data more quickly, it is still only offers a 2x read speed, so fast forwarding isn't THAT fast...

as said before it comes down to which one will give you more of the games you want.

11. Nigge

Nigge Well-Known Member

Dude, you dont have to PAY monthly, you can buy 1month, 3month or 1year, i prefer 1year, because its hella long time, so its not that bad, even tho its about 600euroa/10years, but i dont think any1 plays 360 in 10years lol.

12. TAD. Zolo

TAD. Zolo Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean you don't have to pay. You still have to pay for online which I'm not saying is bad. But if you do pay, it can end up becoming more expensive in the long run. Paying for 1 year is the same as paying monthly too, you just pay more at one time to pay for the other months, yeah sure there's a discount I'm guessing but it's basically the same thing.

13. FleazZz

FleazZz Senior Member

Best system for your buck? NES baby. Nah, but seriously, probably Xbox 360. It's cheaper, and does BluRay even benefit for games... yet? Yeah you can watch movies on it, but I play consoles to play games :P , and I don't recall any games coming out using BluRay technology yet. I could be wrong.

14. Red the Ghost

Red the Ghost Well-Known Member

If you're a big movie fan, and you plan on buying blu-ray movies now (or when they drop in price), then the PS3 matters.

15. .jrauck

.jrauck Well-Known Member

I vote for the 360 since I am a FPS game fan. If you like the adventure games I would go for a ps3. If you like baby games such as mario cart go for the wii.