Best Mp3 Player?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Urgentos, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Urgentos

Urgentos Well-Known Member

Finally got my laptop to work so I can now be on GR while Im here in Florida! YAY!

Alright now onto the topic, whats your favorite kind of mp3 player?
    I have an Iriver Ifp-795, its a 512 Meg mp3 player and I really like it. I wouldnt say its the best but I think it was a pretty good buy. I spent $120 on it and it holds up to about 120 songs. I KNOW WHAT YOURE THINKING: You probably think 120 songs is like nothing, but seriously, its more then you think. I mean, I barely use 50 songs at a time, I just got the extra 120 in case I want to voice record and stuff. Most of the time I just put all my favorite songs on it, which is about 50, and then if I hear any others I like, add them, and then eventually delete the ones I get bored of.

I was going to get and Ipod mini, but then noticed that they are not really durable. Most people just get them because they are so popular and want to fit in with the crowd, but if you really look in the ratings you will notice they break pretty easy. One main thing is the touchpad, that eventually with pop out of place and move around in ways its not supposed to. And also the metal cover on it dents easily and takes away from the overall look.

All Irivers come with cases that keep it from scratching easy, which I really like. It also keeps a clock on there, voice recorder, and one really cool thing it comes with is a little wire that you can connect to your CD player, and it transfers songs being played on your CD player right onto your Iriver. It works with limewire for all of you illegal people if you were wondering ;) (My brother has a Ifp-799 thats filled up with stuff from limewire)

Well after you read this, post about your MP3 player..

2. zweettooth

zweettooth Well-Known Member

I have an MSI mega stick 256 mb.
    It's one of the old models, got it about 2 years ago and it's still working like a charm.
    It has voice record on it and some real nice headphones.
    The volume this thing creates is really impressive. You can put it down and still hear the music with no problem.
    You can get the backlite on and off, has all of the usual features and is very durable and cheap. :)

3. Assasin

Assasin Well-Known Member

u shud all get the Creative Zen Micro they rock and they hold more songs than the Apple Ipod, i got Zen Micro and its wicked

4. zweettooth

zweettooth Well-Known Member

How expensive is that one?

5. Bona Fide

Bona Fide Well-Known Member

Should've gotten the iRiver H10. It's by far the best price-performance ratio. It rapes the Zen Micro and iPod Mini.

*Moved to Computing

6. VEXTA

VEXTA Well-Known Member

ipod 4ever........

7. ideaz

ideaz Well-Known Member

i pod mini all the way...and a iriver h10

8. Mofila

Mofila Well-Known Member

Dell DJ Jukebox 30gig. Great and huge. 299.

9. [SOFW]Vash

[SOFW]Vash Member

im going with i pod forever

10. Lesly

Lesly Member

My Freind Also Has a Iriver and I think it a pretty good Mp3 Player It a 320 i think not sure but it hold alot!!! of song and plays video/ Camera :)

11. stottpie

stottpie Well-Known Member

iPods are nice, but since right now they're so trendy they're really overpriced, and so are all of the accessories. example: i went into best buy the other day, and saw an "iPod" rca cable that connected audio out on iPod dock to speakers for 20 dollars. I went into radio shack and got the exact same thing just without the iPod name for 4 dollars.

12. Henry

Henry Active Member

I got an iRiver H10, it's wicked awesome :D.
    Full colour screen, FM tuner, store text files, photos, constant firmware updates, 1000 ish songs.

It's pretty small in size as well, which is pretty cool awesome ^_^

13. blunt

blunt Well-Known Member

I have an iRiver H120, its fantastic.

Dont make them any more though.

14. MayurP

MayurP Well-Known Member

creative zen has to be the best. iPod just has the publicity but in fact iPod's break easy. if you put volume too high then ur iPod will get fried. accidently drop it on the carpet and there goes your hard drive. my friend has gone through 4 iPods now. apple sends him a new one cus it gets damaged real bad.

15. tsj5j

tsj5j Well-Known Member

Creative Zen or Zen Micro has to be the best, depending on your needs, they have 5 gb / 20gb respectively, priced low and is nicer than an ipod.

But I have no cash, and bought a Creative Muvo V200.

It rocks with 512mb!