Best Buy

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by .vivid, Aug 21, 2005.

1. .vivid

.vivid Senior Member

I recently took my computer to "Best" Buy becuase I was having many errors. They "diagnosed" my computer for the problem. When I got the bill it was for $150 when I asked why they said that they tried to do a data backup and they had to take it apart to test everything. THe only problem was windows had to reinstalled a very simple thing to do but they took apart my computer scratched up my new case and cracked it. I was very pissed to discover these things but I am unable to do anything becuase of all of their waivers. I hate Best Buy now and will never shop there again. They also screwed over one of my friends by giving him a display computer which the guy dropped and still sold it to them at full price and it broke it 2 days but he got his money back.

2. XMasterX

XMasterX Well-Known Member

Id still buy from them, just dont trust their support team. Trust us to fix it next time ;)

3. .vivid

.vivid Senior Member

Yea all I had to do was reinstall windows.

4. VertigO-CI

VertigO-CI Well-Known Member

like master said dont trust their support team but its a good place to buy parts and sh1t

last time i took my computer to some1 local in my area, those guyz seem to do the best job and they usually have great prices

5. RanXston

RanXston Well-Known Member

If they cracked your stuff if I were you I wouldn't pay the damn bill.

6. Edgy

Edgy New Member

I agree.

Future Shop has the best warantees..if any of the electronics that you purchased there break, they replace it no questions asked.

7. stottpie

stottpie Well-Known Member

best buy hasn't been the best buy in years. anything they have you can get online at least 10% cheaper

8. phragit

phragit Well-Known Member

i only shop at circuit city :D

9. CheX

CheX Well-Known Member

Future Shop > Best Buy

10. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

Circuit City doesnt even fix their own products. You must send it off to a third party.

I bought a Compaq presario laptop from them about 6 years ago, screen would flicker and turn white. So I called and then sent my computer in. They would always return it and say we cant duplicate the problem. I would turn it on and the sreen would be white (yet they could not duplicate the problem). I sent it in 7 times and finally the warrenty ran out and i vowed never to even step foot in circuit city ever again.