Batch Extraction Of Files From Folders?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by killer_kyle, Nov 9, 2008.

1. killer_kyle

killer_kyle Well-Known Member

Well, i recently got a new computer because my other one broke. My entire music collection was lost. Luckily, i found a nifty program that could extract all the music right off of my iPod onto my new computer.

My problem is that this software extracted each artist into a different folder. So for every artist I have on my Ipod, it created a seperate folder with the songs by that artist in it.

What I need to do is get all the songs out of those folders and into one common folder. There is just too many for me to cut and paste out of every single folder so I am looking for something that can do this for me.

Anyone know any sort of program that can help me?

2. r3m1x

r3m1x Well-Known Member

I know Xplorer2 (windows explorer replacement) can do it. It doesn't exactly put it together, but you can select all the folders you need (Ctrl+A) and then go to "Browse Flat" and it'll put all the files from all the folders together into a temporary scrap folder, and you would be able to manipulate the file separately or together

3. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Just use the windows seach function. You can specify to search in the folder that contains all the artist folders, untick all the boxes except for "music files" and then just wait for it to finish searching and it'll have every music file in those folders listed. Right click, cut, and paste them to one single folder elsewhere.