Bahhhh The Snow!

Discussion in 'Camera Drawn' started by Papermache, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Papermache

Papermache Well-Known Member

I have shoveled the driveway almost 4 times now. I am exhausted with it. I have a cold and I have to go outside in the negatives and shovel fricking snow, while it is continuously snowing. And guess what, the snow plow can't seem to find it's way to my cul-de-sac. So I end up shoveling the dang street as well. Leaving me no time to take pictures, or energy to even attempt it. My back hurts. And it's after Christmas, so I want no mention of "scrooge" or "grinch"!

2. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

I just didn't go anywhere... but in Portland, you're guaranteed a thaw not long after the initial fall. A week is a long time though... The side streets are still pretty bad, but tonight is warm (I remember when 36 was freezing!) so the snow is slowly melting. At the very least, I'm able to get into work finally. We weren't prepared for near record breaking snowfall, so we didn't have much of a plan for plows, much way of maintaining the few plows we have, and we didn't lay out enough deicer. Still paid $2M for it though. A lot of people were stranded, and those who were still driving were mostly idiots without chains or snow tires. Got about 19" of snow, which is more than I've ever seen on the ground at one time (other than lumps from plows). Some of the snow drifts went up to my waist.

Either way, we avoided shoveling snow. We don't even have a snow shovel >.< (which I think is a good thing, otherwise I'm sure that I'd be the one shoveling it, and we have a large driveway)

3. Slight

Slight Senior Member

lol good thing it has not snow here n e more :P i hate snow xD

4. .:Illuminati:.

.:Illuminati:. Senior Member

Snow annoys me to no end...I'm already ready for spring/summer. The last time it snowed and I had to shovel, it took me 3 hours and that wasn't even half of my driveway. Then it snowed again and I had to re-do all of that O_O. All of it melted but now it's snowing again and we're prbly gonna get another 8-9 inches which means more shoveling :censored:

5. }SoC{SainT

Woah! You're alive! Yay!

The only thing left of the snow is a few drifts, the plow's mess, and the giant mountains of it in parking lots. Spokane though... poor them. They have over 30" now and it's still coming. Funny enough, they're not terribly far from us (well, drive-wise, they're a ways away, but weather-wise is a bit different). Hooray for warm fronts!

6. Slight

Slight Senior Member

haha well least here in nyc i don't shovel butttt that snow gets muddy and stuff and crossing the streets is not a funny thing. xD

7. }SoC{SainT

And that is why I drive. Two Friday's ago, I had to walk to the bus because I couldn't drive in the snow. The snow drifts erased the sidewalks and pathways, so I was trudging in the drift. I was pretty tired when I got to the bus stop :\