B E G I N N I N G

Discussion in 'Large Artwork' started by Sh00tevery1, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Sh00tevery1

Sh00tevery1 Well-Known Member

Well this was my first piece that I have done for a month or two so overall I don't think it turned out to bad. I was trying to for a crisp and clean look. But there is one thing that is bothering me. This piece just seems boring. What could I add for excitement? As of right now there is nothing really "amazing" capturing the viewers eye. What could I change so this would happen? :mellow:

Here it is...

Full View at www.ths-acid.deviantart.com

[​IMG]

2. RebelYell101

RebelYell101 Well-Known Member

A meteor hurling towards earth and little people screaming? :D

That looks amazing, seriously, amazing. :) Good job.

3. Sh00tevery1

Haha thanks man, I am happy you like it.

4. Xioushi

Xioushi Well-Known Member

Put something going on in space. A battle of some sort. The man watching is obviously either in control, or related to it negatively.

Or, put some explosions down on earth, nuclear, with shockwaves. World War 3 perhaps? And because nobody has an idea of when WW3 will exactly take place, living or at least staying in Space could be an option, and the man there could be what starts the War, you know?

:) Very nice man. :)

5. Sh00tevery1

Ahh very good ideas hocus-pocus, I like how you think. I too was picturing a battle of some sort or a nuclear explosion. Even though I would love to put that in this piece I am not sure I would be up to the challange of creating a nuclear explosion or some kind of battle. But I suppose i could try.

Thanks man.

6. Xioushi

Xioushi Well-Known Member

Well, try your best. :)
    I think if you want you can do it..and I would LOVE to see the final piece. :)

7. dinges

dinges Senior Member

love the idea and overall look, great job on it

8. mikey gfx

mikey gfx Senior Member

or you can cover parts of the planet in hurricains, good piece but your right about it not having a wow-factor

9. SM Ascillor

SM Ascillor Senior Member

That was the first thing I thought of too.

Yeh, good thinking here hp, it's not likely the guy there is going to just be watching a peaceful scene - the sihlouette and everything seems to suggest something big is happening.

I think a black hole sucking up the earth would also be a cool idea. Very nice start, definitely do more with this!

10. Sock

Sock Well-Known Member

Exciting/Eye-catching does not have to be something violent. The crowd here is filled with blood lust.

There are a number of other things you can go for. For the sake of originality, please don't whore a war or destruction.

Try and use beauty as your "wow factor" as opposded to resorting to cheap explosions.

11. Neuron

Neuron Senior Member

The composition is bland. In order to make it more exciting, I'd extend the canvas higher upward and shift the planet a bit more centered, maybe a bit off or whatever looks good.

Then I'd go with a stunning nebulae at the top. Or even better, a star going nova.

12. scarletham

scarletham Well-Known Member

^^ Agreed, star going nova or something visually stunning such as that would make this even better ;p

13. Phritz

Phritz Senior Member

Here's some constructive crit: (no offense, it's still a decent piece but a lot needs to be done with it)

The planet texture seems a bit off, the snowcapped mountains seem to fade into a bright green terrain? You should add some clouds and make sure they cast shadows as well. Why is Lake Constance (yes, I recognised the are of earth you took the texture from ;)) half green?

The reflection doesn't make any sense - it looks like the floor extends all the way to the planet.

Perspective doesn't feel right - putting in a flat silhouette and then floor doesn't work - it looks like the floor is slanted upwards (every tile has the same depth, or height w/e)

Oh, and the lines aren't parallel:

[​IMG]

I agree with neuron on extending the canvas upwards, and with sock that you guys are war mongerers.

14. OcHo.CinCo

OcHo.CinCo Well-Known Member

I dig it, just add a bigger comet comming towards the plant.

15. SM Ascillor

SM Ascillor Senior Member

Nah I don't agree with you. It's not that something eye-catching has to be explosive/vlolent. It's just that something negative seems to fit more in this case. You have an ominous looking silhouette watching from afar, and he's just watching nebulas/novas????? Personally that doesn't seem right to me (obviously just my opinion). If he's going to make a wow scene, then might as well take out the shadow and space platform. Also what's this about wars/destruction being "whored" as you put it? Creation/nature pieces are just as "whored".