Australian Domestic Airport Security.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ikky, Apr 5, 2008.

1. ikky

ikky Senior Member

Last week i flew from Melbourne to Adelaide and back again with Jetstar, duispite the shifty service from the low budget company i realised somthing to which i believe pretty stupid IMO.

I had to go through security obviously, i had to even take off my skate belt because of the big metal buckel. I saw 2 people whilst in the line have their nailfiles romoved from their posetion, and 1 letter opener with a blade no bigger then 1 cm.

Now fairs fair right, your not ment to carry things like that on a plane, so i sat down and ordered a coffee and somthing to eat in one of the cafe places in the terminal and this is where it dawned on me, they are using all sorts of metal utensils. Now i thought the point of security was to prevent you from have these such items, yet they are given to you past security when you order a coffee and somthing to eat? sounds pointless to me?

This happen anywhere else?

2. Slight

Slight Senior Member

don't they give metal utensils on planes? or they giving plastic? and well yeah thats stupid :/ they giving you weapons... right after you was search for them lol

3. Tastegud

Tastegud Member

Yeh australia is REALLY hard on these stuff. like REALLY hard. they actually forget what they are actually doing that for == and the other ways to get it...
    lol we got hit by quarantine wen we forgot to put down we had food rofl. we actually had like ... more than 50% of our stuff was food lol

4. ikky

ikky Senior Member

^ ironic your names taste. lawl.

I just figured it was stoopid.

5. xAus

xAus Well-Known Member

They give you plastic knives and metal spoons :D

I suppose you can't do much damage with a spoon, although they do allow you to take alcohol bottles onto the plane (if you purchase them from the airport) and they even sell them on board.. Smash one of them in half, and boom - there's your weapon!

6. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

I believe its just their rules and regulations and after all they can't risk of having the "tools of necessity" becoming a threat to them thereafter.