Asvab

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skamakaze, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Skamakaze

Skamakaze Well-Known Member

Well, I figured since someone was asking about SAT scores, I'd ask about ASVAB scores. For those of you who have taken it, what was your score? And, what did you think about the test?

For those who don't know, ASVAB stands for "Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery." It's a multiple-choice test designed to ------uate your skills in ten areas. The areas are as follows:

General Science
    Arithmetic Reasoning
    Word Knowledge
    Paragraph Comprehension
    Numerical Operations
    Coding Speed
    Auto and Shop Information
    Mathematics Knowledge
    Mechanical Comprehension and
    Electronics

*Note* Numerical Operations and Coding Speed have been discontinued.

With that said, if you're currently enlisted in the military; What branch are you in? What is your MOS?

I'm in the US Army, I got a 76 on my ASVAB. That was on two hours of sleep and no studying what-so-ever. I sort of rushed through it. I graduated high school in 2006 so I forgot a few of the things on there, some of the basics. The test wasn't really hard at all and I'm sure I could of gotten at least mid-80's if I prepped for it.

2. pianoman0723

pianoman0723 Well-Known Member

sounds intense. is it like to figure out where you should be going in the armed forces?

3. Skamakaze

Skamakaze Well-Known Member

Well bases on whatever score you get, the test helps determine what jobs you'll be best for. I was qualified for everything pretty much. At the moment, I'm an MP. Once I finish college, I'm going to change my mos to infantry, I'll be airborne certified by then. Someday, I really want to go through ranger training. The graduation percentile is below 25 percent. It'd be quite an achievement to become a Ranger. That's a long term goal though.

4. Hbrws11.1

Hbrws11.1 New Member

i took the asvab, but mostly because it got me out of classes for a day.
    i did okay i spose, but i don't plan on going into the military so i'm good.
    everything dealing with science and mechanics were my lowest scores. but all the verbal and reading scores were pretty high.
    all the mechanical stuff that i knew came from listening to me dad when he would fix stuff around the house.

5. AlexIsUb3r

AlexIsUb3r Well-Known Member

wow, thats weird, i actually tried and got like 55 overall, 76 on electronics lol.

6. ShneakySquirrel

ShneakySquirrel Well-Known Member

I took the ASVAB as well. And just like you, I scored a 76 on it :) . So, my GT Score was 116. The GT score is the score you get, after the conversion from the ASVAB score. It's the score they use to determine what jobs you qualify for.

I already went down to MEPS, and enlisted. My job is 35F. Intelligence Analyst.