Asvab Studying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .Simplicity, Apr 12, 2007.

1. .Simplicity

.Simplicity Well-Known Member

I'll be taking my ASVAB test in the near future and would like to start studying for it so I can get a high score on it.

My question is, in your opinion, what are some good ways of preparing for this test? I've been going to the public library in my town the past couple days looking for a book, but the person didn't return it when he was supposed to a few days ago. I was considering going to Barnes and Nobles and looking around there for a book, but first I'd like to get the general opinion of the public as to what I should do to prepare.

This is not a thread for you to rant about the United States Armed Forces, please do that elsewhere, I want opinions for studying :)

2. GuitarGuru

GuitarGuru Well-Known Member

Just wondering, whats the ASVAB test?

3. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

It is a test issued by the United States military. The higher that you score, the better the chance of you getting a good position in the military.

4. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

It's one of those you-know-it-or-you-don't tests. At the end of the day, it boils down to how smart or good you as an individual are, not what cramming the week before did for you. Basic skills are all that is required. And hey, unless you're seriously looking at a certain job in the military to make a career out of, it's not all that important. Though, either way, it's better if you don't completely fail the thing.

5. XxCarbinexX

It is actually the standard military test when you sign up. So since I have already taken the ASVAB, I don't need to take the test when I join. So in a sense, it isn't just for a specific job in the military.

6. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

Yes, but certain jobs require certain ASVAB scores, do they not?

7. XxCarbinexX

Yes they do. I don't want to argue though. :D

8. .ZERO

.ZERO Nigga wit a PSD

best way i've found of revising and remembering things is to record yourself reading your notes then listen to it 2 or 3 times, it usually gets stuff in straight away for me =)