Are Videos/Films better than Books?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zohair, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Hackler

Hackler Member

me personally, i would always recommend to read the Book first. But my Experience is, when you first got the Book, then you might mostly get a bit disapointed to see the Movie afterwards.

2. Darasuum

Darasuum Member

I must say, I prefer reading, but sometimes I'm busy and don't have time to read, but, I tend to remember most things I've already read, so I can put a book down for a week and pick it back up and be fine. Since we're talking mostly documentaries and works of non-fiction, I'd still say read it first and then watch the movie.

3. masterzerox

masterzerox Member

If i had the option of reading an article or watching a documentary movie about it, I'd go with the movie. I find reading boring and I'd rather someone present the material for me.

4. masterzerox

masterzerox Member

If u meant what do I prefer, doing some reading or go watch movies for fun, I will still pick movies lol because after reading for 10 minutes i feel i wana go to bed.

5. Seibitsu

Seibitsu New Member

Answer to the title: No.

When you read a book, you imagine the story in your own way and it gets more personal because it comes from your mind. Films is like they are imagining the story for you.

6. Fantaszy

Fantaszy Member

Recently, I just started reading books other than my school books. I've done it growing up (although not a complete book worm like some of my friends) but of course, video games came and books were left in the dust.

I'm trying to increase my vocabulary and finding different ways to describe things in writing. I am hard of hearing/deaf and I use American Sign Language, which instead of speaking or using actual words, I use my hands to actually describe something and communicate. As a result, I tend to use simple words or phrases over and over, thus limiting my vocabulary. But at the same time, I can read and visualize different descriptions in writing/typed. I just don't retain how to describe things differently very well, its quite annoying!

All in all, both are great. For myself, its books right now :D HUNGER GAMES SERIES IS AWESOME. On the 2nd book right now!

7. drake13

drake13 Well-Known Member

ahhh books all the way, just let alone the letters themselves become so hypnotic as you read.
    I would say the adaptation of Lolita wasnt a bad taken on..READ books first though!

8. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

I have attention deficit disorder, consequently reading for prolonged periods is hard for me if I'm not on medication. I prefer to only medicate myself for school and work however.