Are Sigs Art?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Link3362, Jun 2, 2005.

1. HaSh

HaSh Well-Known Member

signatures are art to me, its my favourite kind of art too

2. Federate

Federate Well-Known Member

Signatures are art, dont like it? Go home.

3. echoepidemic

echoepidemic Well-Known Member

Don't be stupid. We are home.

4. Stasus

Stasus Well-Known Member

yes i do consider sigs as art

5. .sexed

.sexed Well-Known Member

Go make some money off your "art" then. What? Nobody is going to pay for some stupid brushes slapped into a rectangle and a stupid gaming image with bad typo, your kidding right? Damn, guess your "art" must not be art.

6. voidaccount.

voidaccount. Well-Known Member

imo,

3D > Wallpapers = templates >sigs >avas

7. bloodandiron

bloodandiron Well-Known Member

Art, in my definition, is something that is made to be appreciated by self and others. And I think sigs fit that. I voted yes.

8. xXRaZoRXx

xXRaZoRXx Well-Known Member

most definatly ... i voted yes

9. I-Legit

I-Legit Well-Known Member

yes...and it should be respected...all arts..music, drawing, painting..computer gfx..anything artistic should be respected..ebcause thought and effort went into it...not to mention pride..with a artist...same thing apply to the artist

10. voidaccount.

voidaccount. Well-Known Member

Go make some money off your "art" then. What? Nobody is going to pay for some stupid brushes slapped into a rectangle and a stupid gaming image with bad typo, your kidding right? Damn, guess your "art" must not be art. [/b][/quote]
    dude, if u only see the ability of art only by how much people will pay for it then

making a logo is much more art than making you valuable templates.

which i think is off - therefore your view is a little off

edit:
    ahh ---- it- theres orobably no use in trying talking some sense into you, mr.sushi - and probably vise versa.

11. Funsize

Funsize Well-Known Member

^^ exactly what I was thinking.

I dont really have an opinion either way, but I generally don't consider it art... But I would like Mr. Sushi to enlighten me as to what a piece of art actually looks like, because apparently no one has the ability to comprehend it

12. Gurly

Gurly Well-Known Member

i wouldnt say sigs arent art but .... How many of you people here can actually draw could you make these signatures on paper, with out the help of online brushes and premade game renders ??
    but i agree that it CAN be a form of art but no ones going to employ you to make sigs jus wont happen

13. .sexed

.sexed Well-Known Member

dude, if u only see the ability of art only by how much people will pay for it then

making a logo is much more art than making you valuable templates.

which i think is off - therefore your view is a little off

edit:
    ahh ---- it- theres orobably no use in trying talking some sense into you, mr.sushi - and probably vise versa. [/b][/quote]
    Actually, logo's go for much less then a web design and only require you to have the ability to draw, theres more things to take into account when creating a website, but im not going to go into detail, if you need details, cheeky has stuck a thread in that section so you can read upon it if need be.

Like I said in the other threads, I do a whole lot more then I show around here, so don't presume to know anything about me and my artistic ability.

Sigs are not acknowledged in the art world as art, therefore, to me and many others, they are not art., sigmakers are the only people who argue with that.

14. .Everest

.Everest Well-Known Member

Actually, logo's go for much less then a web design and only require you to have the ability to draw, theres more things to take into account when creating a website, but im not going to go into detail, if you need details, cheeky has stuck a thread in that section so you can read upon it if need be.

Like I said in the other threads, I do a whole lot more then I show around here, so don't presume to know anything about me and my artistic ability.

Sigs are not acknowledged in the art world as art, therefore, to me and many others, they are not art., sigmakers are the only people who argue with that. [/b][/quote]
    Art can be anything. I can go piss on the wall in a ceartain pattern and call it art. Art is basically the ability to express yourself and show something that you make. (Even if its from brushes, you put them in a different way than others therefore..its more unique)

I say yes..you cant get money for sigs but it is considered graphic design and last time I checked..graphic design is art so..yeah.

15. Kan

Kan Well-Known Member

Another stupid thread, people going back and fourth on opinions about something so obvious you all should have ran into it by now. If those saying that a sig is not a form of art will not change you're mind I ask you this; When an artist such as any rapper, country singer, rock band, or whatever releases his new album do you not consider that art? Art is defined as being something you do and have gained a skill at doing it. Quite frankly, anything you study, practice, or even observe is an art.