Anyone That Plays Wow, Can You Help

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jimbo, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

I was thinking about getting WoW, but the current computer I have pretty much sucks so I could only play at around low settings.

I was wondering if anyone could lower their settings to "low" and take a screenshot and post it here so I could see what it would be like.

Thanks if you do it.

2. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

The difference between low and high settings is, ill be honest, virtually nothing. The main factor in your framerate on the game is how far out you want your camera to see ahead of you (max being as far as possibly renderable).

With a pixelshaded 2D type game such as WoW the graphics are not a huge issue in general. If you still want a picture of how I use it (my computer is a 5 year old low end HP computer and the only upgrades is a 500GB HD and a 256 ATI Radeon 9250 256MB card) and show you how it looks, I would be glad to repost with an SS. I use 1 setting on anything but low, and it just makes the characters and texture details crisper so its not all blurred and doesnt slow my framerate anymore that I can notice (I dont think you can slow my framerate that much at all actually... :P)

3. Tandem

Tandem Active Member

My computer is complete crap, and WoW lags for me a lot... the game is amazing nonetheless.

4. Cyc0n

Cyc0n Well-Known Member

The only thing you really need to play WoW with a good flow is RAM. Graphics don't really matter, but if you want to enjoy the raiding endgame, get atleast 1 gig.

5. Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

Yeah thanks, that is basically what I would be running it on. Could you still show me a screenshot ingame, it would be appreciated.

Anyways repped.

Oh >_> I didn't see cycon's post, yeah I wont be doing endgame stuff on this computer. Im getting a new one either next Mayish (when DX10 card prices have gone down) or when AM3 comes out.

Right now id be running it on

AMD Athlon (T-Bird) at 1Ghz
    512 Mb of RAM
    9250 Radeon graphics card

If I can get 10-20 FPS on all lows id be happy.