Another Spacial Attempt

Discussion in 'Large Artwork' started by Shrander, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Shrander

Shrander Active Member

Version 3: Click Here - 423 kb
    Version 2: Click Here - 395 kb
    Version 1: Click Here - 375 kb
    1280x1024, and have an extended version for widescreen monitors that canbe furshedo request for the newest version.

C&C for it would be appreciated.

The resources I used in the creation of this work:
    Blue Marble November Topography Picture, huge
    Used as a base for the planets and moon.
    Nebula
    Heavily modified for the gas around the top right planet.
    And various cloud images I can't specificly remember that I found on yahoo for that effect at the top left, but it was darkened considerably since it was, odd.

2. SomeSaySTiCk

SomeSaySTiCk Well-Known Member

You need to work on blending it all in and not making it look fake. You want it to look as realistic as possible. So you wouldn't want the earth to be B&W. You'd also just want to stick to just two things or one for the time being. You don't want to be placing 4-5 subjects in one piece until you have the perfect blending down on just 1-2 together.

3. Shrander

Shrander Active Member

Made adjustments to it based on stuff mentioned on another board. You say my blending is poor, yet didn't explain at all really. There was no "Earth" in the picture, they all used a picture of Earth as an original base, but were all modified.
    Major differences between the versions:
    Version two has more color than version 1, little changes to the smokey flare on the top right planet, and little changes to the exploding planet, and possibly other hardly recognizable changes.
    Version three has more done to the exploding planet, contrast adjusted some for the planets and moon, overall back of the stars fully redone, tried to start a city lights effect on the planet at the bottom left.
    If you leave some critism, please explain it some, better to know what I am not doing right so I can fix it rather than get a general statement that could mean many things. And to say now, of course it will look fake, my level is nowhere near enough to make any creation look realistic, I am going for a space themed wallpaper that looks nice, and fits well as a desktop.

4. steez

steez Banned from GR

looks way too chaotic.
    the way the difference clouds were placed on the stars just add to the messy look, it almost looks too grudged
    way too bright on the explosion
    the blending of the planet on the bottom left corner just looks awful
    the bottom right planet looks way out of place

5. Shrander

Shrander Active Member

Alrighty then, a descriptive reply, thanks. :D
    Photoshop can work miracles with fast resizing, here's the direct output of it at 100% size:
    http://corruptgaming.net/images/planet-stuff-insanity.jpg
    Mainly I was working on it in the 50% view, so I didn't notice the spray can effect until after saving this image. :P

6. Neuron

Neuron Senior Member

That starfield is horrendous...

7. Local

Local Well-Known Member

I agree about the starfield being bad. i like the planets tho.