Angry Catholic Mother

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bluefalcon_ad, Apr 11, 2007.

1. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

easiest way for her to make him believe in God is to beat his ass.

he'll be praying for Jesus by the end of the ass whooping I'd give him.

2. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

I would have to agree with you. If I found out my kid was an athiest, he would get an ass kicking. I don't give a ---- if I am not respecting my "child's beliefs". If he wants to be an athiest, he can be one while he's not living in my house.

3. bluefalcon_ad

bluefalcon_ad Well-Known Member

...why?

I don't really understand why anyone would beat their child because they have a separate belief than their parent's...

The only time I'd hit him if he was my kid is if he said "Oh, I'm an atheist now" without any thought or reasoning as to WHY he chose to take such a route.

If he actually had a legitimate reason, logical thought, actually STUDIED the Bible for the most part, and THEN decided to be an atheist for his own personal reasons, I wouldn't care. I would care, though, if he tried to impose his beliefs on others heavily.

Why beat the child just cause they wanted to say they don't believe there's a God up there?

4. xlink

by the same reason, he'd have to give a very legitimate reason for me NOT to beat his ass. I'd be saving him from the fires of hell and he needs a damned good reason why he wants to go there even if the trip there is a little bit more enjoyable.

5. XxCarbinexX

You have your thoughts on this topic and I have mine. I was raised to be Catholic, just like both of my parents were. I don't care if my friends or whoever are athiest, but it's different if the person happens to be my child.

6. xlink

like wise I have my beliefs, i was raised an agnostic but found my way to God. I'll be damned if my child suffers for eternity. They can suffer for temporary periods of time, hell, I can be the cause of such said suffering for all it matters, but my kid is not going to burn.

7. Hootnnuts

Hootnnuts Well-Known Member

look right below this vvv From: look right above t
    haha no Christmas presents for that noob lol.

8. [.Xero.]

[.Xero.] Well-Known Member

Hey dickheads! Ever wonder what that ace baseball swing felt like? Try to beat a kid like me and find out!

9. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

its not that extreme here trust me. i haven't stepped in a church for 10 years. most of my friends never go to church either, the ones that do think its silly.

10. LA-384

LA-384 Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear a different story (it's the first time). After the comments of xelink and fry i was affraid it was even "worse" then i thought.

@ fry and xelink
    Why force up a religion to your child? Can't he/she make his/her own choice in what to believe? I never read the bible, and i never will, does that make my choice wrong? I just never believed in "god", the same way as i believe that the earth is round, that the sun is nothing more then a ball of fire and that the monster of log ness is fiction. For a non-believer reading the bible is like reading LOTR. If you don't believe in god, then god is like fiction same as with lotr and his many creatures.
    Besides, why should someone study their believe before saying "i'm atheïst"? Did you study everything about other religions before you said "i'm catholic"?
    That's a bit weird to say, in my opinion. If your son would be atheïst, he doesnt believe in hell or heaven, so wy save him from something he doesn't believe in? How would you react if your father said something like "you may never ever eat bread, otherwise the nine-tailed-hippo will come and take a limb from you". (You're probably thinking "wtf, that doesn't make any sence", well that's exactly the same a non-believer would react to god,heaven and hell).

do you respect people to be buddhist or islamic or whatever other religion? Then why not respect someone for having no religion(probably the oldest of all "believes").

11. XxCarbinexX

I would have to agree with you. If I found out my kid was an athiest, he would get an ass kicking. I don't give a ---- if I am not respecting my "child's beliefs". If he wants to be an athiest, he can be one while he's not living in my house.
    [snapback]3669600[/snapback]​
    [/b][/quote]
    Hey dickheads! Ever wonder what that ace baseball swing felt like? Try to beat a kid like me and find out!
    [snapback]3670608[/snapback]​
    [/b][/quote]
    If you would ever hit your father with a baseball bat it really shows what a jerk you are. I've been hit a bunch of times by my dad, and I've never even thought about fighting back, simply because he is my dad.

12. pjdark

pjdark New Member

Merged Post:

freedom of choice, and our abilty to have freewill.

13. xlink

I don't care about complete strangers nearly so much as I would about my own child.

if your kid was shifting towards the drug scene, I'm sure you'd beat his/her ass and this is no diferent.

Also, I'm not a catholic.

14. Lefthanded

Lefthanded Gentlemen of Leisure

lol

15. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

[snapback]3669600[/snapback]​
    [/b][/quote]
    [snapback]3670608[/snapback]​
    [/b][/quote]

Hey dickhead! You ever wonder what it's like to be living under an overpass in Bum------, Mississippi, cold, tired, and with no clue where you are? Try to hit back at parents like I had or the parent I'll definately be and find out!