An Open Letter To Parents, Teachers, Councilors An

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Intrepid, Apr 3, 2005.

1. freedmind

freedmind Member

Yeah nice letter. I think my parents will now respect me on these forums and involve it in conversations (instead of ignoring me while im doing gfx and only talk to me when i ask them to look at sumthing)

2. FaDe

FaDe Well-Known Member

yeah i agree, if my parents just wounder whjut i'm dooing all day i can just show them this. they are not really concerned but they just curious.
    thnx for the briefing mate ^_^ :rolleyes: :)

3. Lucas-

Lucas- Well-Known Member

Now i am a 14 yr old male and i am glad this man took the time to write this letter. Now we all can really realize what our parents our trying to say to us when they say "Lucas! you have been on the damn program all day" as I exit photoshop.

The thing that they dont realize is that GFX in my world is a way of life...is my standard of living.. I am designing templates... now who would have thought that some 14 year old kid could get paid 300$ for a peice of work that took him a day( not that i have got paid 300$ ..YET..hehe) to finish up slice and code..i work full time bussing for a restaurant and i realize how much I miss GFx when i am away from it for so long... I would really like to get to know this man ....because from what it sounds like...he is fun..lol for god sakes the guy plays like Call of dudy...ahaha.. I knew a guy named Vizion..that actually designed till he coundlt design no more.. his doctor disallowed him to go on the computer because his eyes were getting disoriented...he was a great designer and i dont see him that often.. he signed up on my www.exdesignz.com/forums forums... but is yet to post. any ways thanks for the letter man it was really inspiring an i hope that I will still be designing when i am 54.. any ways my hands are killing so cya later.. remember to bid for my creappy rtemplate in the marketplace :D

4. devil may cry

devil may cry Well-Known Member

lol :D exactly. anyways I always get away with it and I'm most likely always right. don't mistake my knowledge..you'll be suprised :P

5. DrallDrall

DrallDrall Well-Known Member

I'm gonna show it to my mamma

6. dakid

dakid Well-Known Member

thanks for the info

7. Gargen

Gargen Well-Known Member

man i wished my parents even gave a ---- what i do oh well

8. David.

David. Well-Known Member

Your 54?!? Goddd!

Anyway, nice letter, my parents read it then laughed at the teacher who got upset XD o_O

9. lazydude

lazydude Active Member

Nice letter, maybe I'll show this this my parents,even though they alright know game characters are fictional.

10. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Yeah. My parents know games are ficitonal. But they still dont like the idea of shooting people for some reason

Then you have the people who think that because you talk to people you dont know in real life someones gonna come over to your house and kill you <_<

11. GA&#124;Blackstar

GA&#124;Blackstar Well-Known Member

Bah, I can see how violent videogames are responsible for making some kids get strangely desensitized, but that doesn't mean they should be blamed. There are ratings for a reason, and I'm sick of hearing news reports about a 9 year old going nuts after playing GTA:SA. The parents should be blamed for giving them potentially dangerous material.

12. Fate

Fate Well-Known Member

My parents wudnt ever ask what im doing on the pc, but well written letter anyhoo.

13. Majin

Majin Senior Member

my parents just dont care what i do.

14. I m p o s s i b l e

I m p o s s i b l e Well-Known Member

Are you really 54?

15. Intrepid

Intrepid Active Member

Yup. Have 2 grandkids.