American Public Schools.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by desudood1, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Blue_fire

Blue_fire Well-Known Member

Lol for the people that are saying Catholic schools are gay and more harder isn't true. I go to one and we don't have security and we have almost 2000 students in the school. We have bigger lockers then public schools, better teachers on the most part, cheaper food and its really hard to fail if you do your work. Tbh I would rather pick a catholic school rather than public.

2. Galione

Galione Well-Known Member

yeah and you might be able to sway a hot nun to go to pedophilia and give you your first time eh?

kidding lol.

My dad tried to send me to catholic school but soon found out that wouldn't work cause none of the priests in the valley could tolerate my questioning beliefs. XD

3. LostUchiha

LostUchiha Well-Known Member

If I were sent to Catholic School I would get kicked out because I don't believe in God. XD

Back On Topic...
    I live on Guam and I'm telling you this... The schools here suck. A high school here has gone almost 150 days with air-conditioning. An elementary school here has gone almost 100 days without a/c. We have to use old books and we're hardly ever allowed to take books home.

The school I go to is even overcrowded. To solve this problem we have a "double session" in which the Seniors-Sophomores" go to school from 6am-12pm and I go to school from 12pm-530pm. This sucks. The reason why? It's because our schools aren't getting enough money. Even the teachers are underpaid.

*NOTE* Guam is part of the U.S.

4. Zulu2

Zulu2 Member

schools a good for the USA

5. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

6. TrueArctic

TrueArctic Member

Well public schools aren't all that bad.. The specialized science schools in NYC do pretty well, in fact...

but then again, we're not the typical high school...

7. Lennox

Lennox Well-Known Member

Its a bit different in Canada ferret, dont know much about american system.

But here we have 3 schools. Public, Catholic, and Private. Catholic doesnt go under Private here. I hate private schools though. Obviously they'll have more motivated teachers since kids have to pay ----loads to go to private school, so teachers are making good cash.

I got a lot of friends who dont choose to go to catholic schools, but its the only one in their area, so they are forced to. Only like 4 or 5 of my friends go to catholic. The rest are all in public.

Its so backwards. If the school has a kids with like 3.5+ GPA they get tons more money, but if the school has kids with 2.0 GPA they get no money, which makes it even harder. If the kids are having trouble, the school neds more funding to help these students.

O well, i keep honors average anyway, so doesnt bother me none.

@INSANCE CRITIC
    I guess its all right. But its a lot harder to get taught, and seems you just got lucky on the teachers. Its good that your on some sports teams, but I dont think its like that everywhere. You could stioll plasy for club or community teams but not school teams, which is still good.

Ya a lack of hotties and parties would destroy me :(
    No offense to you, but i just think home school kids would be pretty sheltered. Not saying you're like that, but saying in general it seems like that.

8. noraath

noraath Well-Known Member

[rant] i LOL at american schooling. i'm a natural born anarchist. i didn't' give a damn about what my teachers did. they could never do anything that would legitimately change my mind about doing anything. if i wanted to sit on the floor, i did. what are they going to do? take more time out of class to scold me and try to convince me that what i did was wrong? no. american teachers are ------s and won't do a single thing [themselves] to try to keep order in the classroom. [/rant]

edit: don't get me started on that "no child left behind" bs. *grumble grumble*

edit2: as for catholic schools; my parents sent me to one from grade k through... gettin kicked out 3 weeks later for being an anarchist, atheist, non-conforming, intelligent, self directed, student. oops.

9. CosmoKid

CosmoKid Member

Wow that flew right over your head.

You only looked at the literal facts of the article, he doesn't actually mean sitting next to two fat asses with their crack hanging out, he said that to prove a point. And it obviously didn't matter what exact classes you missed (gym and lunch in this case), its just the fact that if you miss a part of a class its always a negative thing, because we're "slaves to the bell". Once again he said that to prove a point, and once again it flew sky high ever your head.

This is a well written article, but what is there to do about it? Mass-education, no no, actually mass-anything is going to result in a lot of redundancy and formality.

10. Galione

Galione Well-Known Member

haha way to go anarchist your using a computer how anarchist of you. Hopefully one day you will grow out of that, even before there was civilization and speech there still wasn't anarchy it's called natural leadership. some are the leaders some are the sheep.

Not trying to diss on your beliefs (well started off to but...) the athiesm I get, non-conforming.... well you are using a computer and what conformist doesn't use a computer? Got to take in consideration, to make the greater good you have to go within therefore to make a difference one must shroad the lie of conforming a little and when you grow out of school and out of the way of the help of mom and dad you will learn that a certain amount is unavoidable *believe me I am still trying to get away from it* but don't let that make you a conformist just take it as a little bit of bs everyone has to go through.... unless you want to be a worthless squatter that makes no impact for the greater good of humanity. and as for self directed that's a good path to be on, I would say read a lot of books on politics from both sides therefore you have one up on the enemy at hand. The more you know about your enemy the closer you can get to them to take them down.

offnote: I had a rough childhood and ran the streets for many years doing nothing but searching for the truth beneath the shroud of media and liberal newspapers and magazines. And especially since I live in utah I searched the truth on mormons and boy did I get some fire power against those ass clowns.

Just saying norath that announcing to the world your and anarchist isn't a good thing and anarchy will never work cause it's even more beyond human nature as the shat system in which humans abide by today. One day my friend, one day it will be the rise of right ppl to help turn the world over...... OR!!!! it will be the destruction and with that will come a new and more evolved life so nothing to worry about your not getting out of this world alive so live it up and keep your mind sharper than the tv in which the media blinds you with.

11. noraath

noraath Well-Known Member

i get that a lot. more often than not, people just don't see stuff like i do. as for computers, its neither conforming nor non-conforming. its just a simple way to organize data and thought processes. media doesn't blind me for a second. only thing i watch on tv is the hockey game. my mind is sharper than i seem to come off. don't worry about me. just watch after yourself.

12. krim058

krim058 Well-Known Member

I went to public schools from kindergarten - 6th grade, and then went to a catholic school for 7-8 grade, and now I just finished 9th grade at a public school. IMO the catholic school was no greater if not less than the public school and I think the topic should be about american education in general. IMO It's complete CRAP. I have friends from a game I used to play from all over mainland Europe and I can tell you easiily that education there is far superior than that of America. An example would be my friend who is a couple years younger than me who just started secondary school in the Netherlands who learned already what I learned in Math in my freshman year of highschool. And it is the same with all of them.

13. watermelonsoup

watermelonsoup las mujeres vampiro

i second that