Airbrushing

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Simplicity, Jan 13, 2009.

Sponsored By: BAK Factory Outlet
  1. jamesx

jamesx Well-Known Member

This is in photography...why?

2. Simplicity

Simplicity Well-Known Member

Because it is a photograph :/
    Photo manipulation and editing is also a job of a photographer.

3. jamesx

jamesx Well-Known Member

But it lacks any photographic elements. It's simply a snapshot, not a photograph.
    And no, not every photographer has to manipulate their stuff, some people like things straight out of the camera.

4. Simplicity

In this case it wasn't about taking a good photograph, it was about making the person look good.
    Anyways, photography is just like any art, it can come in many forms, you can see it in anything.

5. Simplicity

In this case it wasn't about taking a good photograph, it was about making the person look good.
    Anyways, photography is just like any art, it can come in many forms, you can see it in anything.

6. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

I'd like to agree with you on that, but there are some drawings that you wouldn't call art. So why call a snapshot art? Art takes skill to create, and sometimes a little bit of luck. But a good photographer can control the situation, envision what they want, and create it. Snapshots aren't art since they take no artistic skill to create, and include none of the artistic elements (at least, not intentionally, and cannot be intentionally repeated by the same person in a different situation).

Now, what you did, is art. I'm not arguing that it doesn't belong here (in all honesty, where does it belong? If you took the photo: here is my guess. If you didn't, then it goes in large artwork), I'm just saying that a snapshot, under most circumstances, is not art. Give me a camera, and most snapshots still carry an artistic value because I'm a photographer and would absolutely puke if my pictures all had a snapshot feel to them.

One last thing on that: to make a person look good, you really need to start with a good photo ;). This would have looked tons better if the photo were better.

Anyways... If you practice that and learn lighting techniques (assuming you don't know how to use strobes, since most people don't), you could potentially work for magazines :P. All of the models are airbrushed.

All the flaws have already been pointed out (although the desaturated hair bothers me), so I'll just say good job. :)

7. bbccing99

bbccing99 New Member

After some time, Alodi, a half-elven mage, devised a spell that would allow the RuneScape Gold of the Council to transfer their powers over great distances, allowing the spearhead to act RS Gold without putting the Council in harm's way. He also suggested a change: Rather than a "spearhead," the name of the chosen one would be Guardian, a protector who would watch RuneScape Gold not only Azeroth but also the Council of Tirisfal. The way the spell worked was fairly simple: Each mage on the Council had a lot of magical power. Through the ritual, part of their powers would be channeled into the Guardian, and the Guardian would use Buy WOW Gold power to fight the Burning Legion.:p

8. IXIAGitATorIXI

IXIAGitATorIXI Active Member

it looks nice, but on the left side of the nose it seems plasticy