Advice On Buying A Tablet

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chakka, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Chakka

Chakka Well-Known Member

I'm looking at buying a Wacom tablet but don't really know/understand what the difference is between the different versions and which is the one I should be looking at. I'm wanting it primarily for two reasons: a/ so i can add diagrams from lessons and lectures easily into notes (i.e as the diagram is drawn by the teacher i can just add it straight into my notes, rather than having to do a hand copy and scan it in later as my notes need to be digitalised) and, b/ to help within Photoshop for editing and manipulating images that would be easier with hand precision rather than relying on the mouse.

I am also after it for cheap, lol, so am currently looking at the Bamboo Wacom but not sure if that will perform to the standards I want; i don't mind stretching my budget slightly (which is around £100, $200) to get better end results.

2. .c1

.c1 Well-Known Member

wacom intuos, and get it 6x8

or get a wacom graphire 6x8, to see if you like using tablets

3. Revos

Revos Senior Member

agrreed if you have enough money go for wacom intuos 6x8 if not go for graphire 6x8 i got it myself^^

4. .Name

.Name Member

dont go cheap on tablet, belive me...Its better to spend some larger amount of money 4 it in beggining than to buy some ----ty one that will go to hell in 2 days ( my case..)
    Like guys alrdy said, try wacom intuos 6x8, or graphire...U can make mistake with that choice.

5. Chakka

Chakka Well-Known Member

Thanks, any links to make sure that the tablets im looking at are those ones would be great. I think the Intuos3 A6 seems to cover everything, although some of the Graphire range look slightly better, so still not sure. The only thing about them is how easy it is to get the drawn image into MS Word? And will the smaller ones still run the likes of Photoshop on the wacom screen?

6. Chakka

Chakka Well-Known Member

no one else have any advice?

Well I think I'm going to buy the Bamboo anyway, judging on web reviews and functionality compared to price, it seems the best deal

7. LuFri

LuFri Well-Known Member

I bought a wacom graphire 4x4 for about 80 usd. I find its the right size for travel, it wasn't expensive, and it had a good software bundle. They're very durable and worth a look at. Maybe you want to buy a bigger one but it was perfect for me.

8. Chakka

Chakka Well-Known Member

4x4 etc means nothing lol...but any Graphire for that was pretty good going, the cheapest I can find is the standard A6 model for around £70 ($140).

I have now ordered a Wacom Bamboo A6 Wide though (£65) so thanks for the help :)