A Gr Pasttime

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Λtreyu, Jul 11, 2006.

1. jacobson

jacobson Well-Known Member

all the people that chouldnt get into nl joined de lolz

2. jacobson

jacobson Well-Known Member

all the people that chouldnt get into nl joined de lolz

3. Common

Common Well-Known Member

i was this close to gettin into NL <--->

DE = Dreamy Effects
    NL = Next level

and who cant forget

3D..i think thats how u spell it

4. Common

Common Well-Known Member

i was this close to gettin into NL <--->

DE = Dreamy Effects
    NL = Next level

and who cant forget

3D..i think thats how u spell it

5. UV Moose

UV Moose Well-Known Member

Hells yeah :lol: and then when they got good they moved into NL

6. Dreamz312

Dreamz312 Well-Known Member

wats this about?

7. Laborde

Laborde Well-Known Member

i miss some of the old members also. Like Joujou, p4!nk!ll3r, Mcbeat is still here i think, Xenocide. alot off ppl left that i wish would come back

8. Dreamz312

Dreamz312 Well-Known Member

no really wats this about

9. Common

Common Well-Known Member

about the old times of GR...since u just joined u wouldnt know

i really miss some old artists and they probably moved on but some of the leet brushers were

CLIPSe
    azianhawk
    bai

wow lol that s all i could name on top of my head

10. himster

himster Well-Known Member

I used to spend ages on this forum. Strangle, cause now I think it sucks.

11. Catapult

Catapult Well-Known Member

Reaching the 1000 credit mark took me...half a month lol.

12. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I remember jesse boi's brush pack, and when he was banned.

I remember GR MAFIA and the NL Mafia.

I remember when NOS and NL were fighting for members and Nica would spam NL.

I remember when NOS tried to break apart from GR and died.

I remember when Pegasus ruled tutorial selling, and was the richest member.

I remember when sensi, bratzer, Flamesy, GIOTEC, and Guinness70 were part of the Global Moderator team.

I remember the fetish for girls on GameRenders, specifically: Samantha, Jill, Girly, and when sensi & I created an account and pretended to be a girl - we made 400 credits and +2 rep off that :D

I remember when the Marketplace was flooded by auctions before the Auction Room was created.

I remember when sukaduk blew over $300 dollars buying domain names, premium memberships, and other stuff for credits.

I remember when I bought the first signature via an auction for 315 credits by eagle_eye, aka White Boy - who everyone later thought was a Global Moderator(no idea why).

I remember when Bona Fide ran a Free PSD per day shop, when Guinness70, GIOTEC, and GyaBusa1(GB1/G72 now) ran the 'c3d' crew. They were the first, and only members who used Cool3d and had the coolest stuff ever.

I remember when Sigs'R'Us ruled the shops with well over 4 shops and all were equally as large compared to Dr!ver's now.

I remember the night Llamaman upgraded GameRenders to IPB 2.0x.

I remember Guinness70's sig rotator script.

I remember when people threw 500 signature/banner contests, members like MaynardsTOOL, sensi, htid, and the other 'greats' or 'oldies' would submit multiple entries to try and compete - not because of the AMOUNT of credits, but because of the FUN of creating such things.

I remember when tutorials were free, and only a select few use to sell them.

I remember when 4nub1s ran and FOUGHT to keep his c4d shop active, and rarely got any credits from it. Now adays, people will spend 1,000 credits on 40 c4d renders from someone not-so great or who taught those individuals when i spent 150 credits for well over 150 from 4nub1s alone :P

I remember when Sigs'R'Us was opened at the high price of 35 credits PER sig(like omg) and everyone said they wouldn't last.

I remember when Chaos, MT, miller, Blood, Irrel, htid, NL crew, Dark Mirage, and a few others would dominate Sig of the Week.

I remember the 'crazes', such as low member count and hiring me to do your ipb work :lol:. I remember when I got paid 2,000 credits to fix hazeGFX, and over 4,200 to fix up New Order Studios.

I remember the threads about Girly's gifts, talking to her and n00bie on skype.

I remember winning 5,000 credits off Dave in poker.

I remember when jesse boi sold his 23,000 credits to sensi and I, and that...entire night of 'fun' :/

I remember the HOLLA4MOD tags, and of course - the anti ones ;)

I remember when GameRenders had only two staff groups: Global Moderators & Adminstrators.

I remember when you could actually trust an individual in regards to such things as sharing GameWallPapers accounts, steam accounts, etc.

I remember when deviantArt images was banned from being used in renders, and CG-Talk was still 'used' or a 'secret' for renderable images.

I remember Kazuya's extremely high ego, his reputation, and 'the render' that made him famous.

I remember the last GameRenders banner contest and the works of MaynardsTOOL and _Mancer_.

I remember the _Mancer_ 'style' of creating signatures, the sig split into 3 images.

I remember when you could get a good deal - I once bought all of high till i die's PSDs for $50, now Atreyu charges $10 for a psd :P (no offence atreyu, i still love you <3).

I remember when Guinness70 accidently posted a members IP address in a screenshot - and members like Mad Mav spammed, -repped him, and the likes causing him to get 'fed up' with GameRenders and leave.

I remember when UV Soaked was a nooblet and bought a Pegasus PSD(Bloody Roar) for 8,000 credits...for LEARNING RIGHTS.

I remember the 'Tag the Wall' threads.

I remember when Invivo-Hosting was the only host anyone at GameRenders really used. I remember when it was also apart of what you received when getting Premium Membership(if you paid $5 extra). I also remember when it went down, and I lost over $50 dollars.

I remember EddieD's chick shop(which I later ran) and his userbars shop.

<to be continued>

Andrew

13. UV Moose

UV Moose Well-Known Member

I remember that, when battles were more for honor, not just creds, and I also remember the big tourney, where it was supposed to be Soaked and me in the final round but we both forgot about it so no one actually creds :lol:

14. .HaVoC.

.HaVoC. ┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐

i remeber when tuts were free, when grunge wasn't lame, and when Rikai use to piss me (and everyone else) off

i miss those days B)

15. Common

Common Well-Known Member

*wipes tear away* i remeber all those times ;( oooh such a great time compared to now O_O

i remeber spending over 200!!!! creds on CLIPSe's and azianhawks psd shop during their specialoffer day..200 creds was a lot back then

later on i realized that CLIPSe had merged all the layers in the psd :(