3 custom images (joker, spiderman, terminator)

Discussion in 'Large Artwork' started by nickpwned, May 17, 2010.

1. nickpwned

nickpwned Well-Known Member

ok so umm comment and rate these pics... what can i improve? whats good?
    THX!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. magemastuh

magemastuh Active Member

well i'm not too good at photoshop but i know that in these three pictures the colors don't compliment each other and don't blend like they should. the first picture i think is the best of the three, because the render goes well (-ish) with the background. the text is horrid, I'd suggest not to use text at all unless you really know how. The second one...i see could render and a *lot* of red and took me a while to recognize the joker. You don't want to mess up the focal (or the focus of the graphic) so that the viewer would have to stare at it for a little to see what it is. and that red is way too harsh and bright to be used in much of any graphic. The third one I can see you tried to blend the render with the background (or at least, i think i see..) Use a city stock image for the background and put some gausian blur on it or something for depth, thatd be a good background.

In short, look up some tutorials. Photoshop is hard to use at first, so you actually need to learn from other sources, can't exactly figure out things yourself. It's like learning a language i guess lol. It's a good start though, mine was a white background and some brushes which i thought looked cool. i called it abstract.

3. nickpwned

thx.... these are my first images ive actually tried hard but as you can see they fail..... I'll try to do better next time..... I used paint.net (pretty much photoshop)..... I like paint.net because it's free i dont wanna pay for photoshop..... its prettymuch the same though... I messed up on the joker one because of the blood red.... I wanted to kind of put some more stuff on it but didnt know what so I put that...

4. Kay87

Kay87 Well-Known Member

yea i have to say not great...
    first none of it really fits
    second way too much red, but it has potential, just remove the red from your focal point then blend the red edges in, so we can see the joker, also remove some of the edge red
    third yea i also see its just the renders (rippled i think) and just put opposit, magemastuh is right, a skyline or cityscape works well for back grounds.

just a few tutorials will help you loads.

5. nickpwned

k thx.... As i said before i just started to edit and make pics along with these are pretty much my first iv'e tried...... I'm still learnin and starting to use tutorials insted of playin around with the tools on paint.net

just gotta ask whats with the blue in text?

6. Kay87

Kay87 Well-Known Member

few reasons why really, i like to be different, and makes my posts stand out a bit.
    also i like the color blue :)

i used tutorials a bit, my gfx werent good at all, but tutorials can only teach you so much, i find mucking around helps you out more than any tutorial, just remember that tutorials are created by people who stumble on a great effect and then just recreate it after.

7. nickpwned

Yeah i looked up a few tutorials.. I did them and they were quite intresting but sometimes hard to follow.... Then I've stumbled up on some stuff i never knew that was even as a tool...... Tutorials are kinda boring though becaused i like doing whatever i want but they do help!

8. Kay87

Kay87 Well-Known Member

next time you do a tutorial just deviate abit from it, play around with the settings instead of what the tutorial says, and see if you can use different layer options to give you own feel to it

9. nickpwned

lol k... I didn't really try to take hours on this more like maybe 15 min for each so there not going to be the best for someone new to this photoshop and stuff :p

10. Kay87

Kay87 Well-Known Member

when i start a project from scratch, as a rule i look at atleast 5hrs time needed to get my first draft. mostly i fall just under that. a finished look takes me between 5 and 10 hours total. but thats with no starting picture and playing around with layer options and with only a basic concept of what i want it to look like.

if i have something to work off, say making a sig, to finish only takes about 1.5 hours.
    something bigger maybe 2hrs.

even renders can take anything from 15mins to 2hrs depending on the size and difficulty

11. nickpwned

yeah....
    as you can tell this is failure and didnt take much time on it but and tryin to make signutures now like the dark night joker one u see below me..... I only took bout 15min on it and thats a failure also

12. Kay87

Kay87 Well-Known Member

just needs a little refining
    looks ok for a beginner

13. nickpwned

thx :)

14. Kay87

Kay87 Well-Known Member

no prob, just be careful with the one word posts, we don't like em round here
    so try not to do it.