2 Cities Which Force Everyone To Have Arms Have

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trax, Apr 21, 2007.

1. LA-384

LA-384 Well-Known Member

I'm sure if countries are compared, they'll make a percentage instead of looking at the absolute numbers only. crimerate is lower in most countries both in percentages as in numbers.

Car-theft isn't more legal in the Netherlands as it is in the USA, nor are assaults, selling drugs on the streets, prostitute without a licence etc etc, so blaming our differences in the amount laws for the difference in crime-rate is bull----.
    This article tries to convince people that the crime-rates are lower because of the many guns in that village, That is total garbage, because you said yourself, crime isn't only gun-related, owning a gun doesn't decrease the amount of people that are speeding, use/sell drugs, rape children etc etc (also crimes).

So you can't exclude non-gun-related crimes in one statement, and include them in another.

2. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

Well as Greek Wonder said, criminals are going to think twice about commiting a crime if they believe that the citizens are armed.

3. SM RxBandits

SM RxBandits Senior Member

its ingenious. no one wants to rob or kill or confront anyone when they know the other person has a gun.

4. LA-384

LA-384 Well-Known Member

so you are admitting the crime-rate in the USA is bigger then in most parts of the rest of the world?, because those parts/countries can do very well without using guns. At least i'm not affraid of being robbed when i walk down the street without carying a gun/knife/chainsaw or other weapon.

Basically the american dream would be to distribute guns to everyone on the entire earth?, because if we all have guns, we would think twice before attacking someone don't we?
    I doubt that it will decrease the crime-rate, i think crime-rate would become beyond imagination, where everyone would lack standards and values, because they have a gun to prove their right.

So instead of fighting violence with violence, you should think about a solution to decrease violence. Taking away weapons would be a good start.

5. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

Well considering how strict gun laws are now a days, we basically have no weapons. LA is a horibbly crime ridden city with very strict gun laws. So in LA, no guns=lots of crime. And what you're saying is that if it is legal to carry guns, there would be more crime? I don't think so. As a gun owner, I am not going to go shoot my neighbor because of an argument or whatever. Whoever owns a gun knows what they can do and how much responsibility it is to own one.

And apperently the strict weapon laws that we have don't seem to be doing anything about the crime rate here in California. I mean it sounds like a good idea to ban guns, but I am almost positive that banning guns would have an opposite effect.

6. LA-384

LA-384 Well-Known Member

@ Fry

Finally an answer containing more then empty words and stretched one-liners. This is the first answer (from someone that isn't against gun-ownership) that doesn't give me goosebumps. I think i'm going to believe you on your word that guns somehow lower crimerate, but i think it also adds some certain risks like accidents, and massacres. Most likely to blame parents for not hiding guns for their children.

I still believe that no guns would be the best thing, and that guns shouldn't be for sale as easy as in some parts of the USA.

You made me change my opinion, thank you and well done, because it usually takes a miracle for me to change my mind lol, but you probably noticed that before.

7. Minime1113

Minime1113 Member

that's pretty ironic, I mean you never would have thought that the crime rate would go DOWN!

8. Lennox

Lennox Well-Known Member

Bigger population
    Compared to Canada and many other countries US has small middle class, lots of poor, and lots of rich.

Im not suprised. If everyone walking down the street had a gun, criminals wouldnt even try anything retarted, cuz they know they'd get shot 4 different ways in a split second.

9. Coolguy

Coolguy Well-Known Member

u know what, I think that People should be allowed to have guns as long as they are over 21, and passed some psychological tests and such. Also they should be required to take some shooting practice every 6 months and renew their lisence every year or so, and if that happens, watch the crime rate go down in NY