2 Bad Reviews For Ps3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Trax, Nov 21, 2006.

1. fluer

fluer Well-Known Member

No matter what they have said. The PS3 is the most powerful and can play BLU RAY discs without paying for the standard £1000+ stand alone player. PS3 is without a doubt the best console to have.

2. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

actually, the PS3 isn't the most powerfull in every scenario.

the Xenos GPU in the xbox 360 seems to have better real world performance. The theoretical max data thoroughput might nto be as high but the average thorughput is higher...

also note the RAM distribution, the PS3 allocates 256mb of XDR RAM to the CPU and 256mb gDDR3 RAM to GPU, while the xbox360 allocates 512mb DDR3 to be shared between the two. This means that for small sets fo data the PS3 will dominate, but for larger sets the xbox might take the lead in memory performance .

also, the OS on the PS3 is a lto rmoe resource intensive.

the way i see it, the xbox 360 and the PC seem to eb neck and neck, at this time the xbox has somewhat better looking games and a lot mroe games overall, and better online support and the PS3 costs 50% more...

to me it is a no brainer. xbox.

on another note, i own neither and i'de probably eb mroe likely to get a PS3(when it's down to around 100-200$ a system) solely because I would want to play with linux on it.

3. canvasch

canvasch Well-Known Member

you can't judge a console off it's launch titles. ps3 still has a fighting chance to try and claim this era.

4. Parusa

Parusa Well-Known Member

Please note that 1 out of 8 cores is reserved for the OS and will not have any effect on games.

5. Trax

Trax Well-Known Member

There was a fight between two similiar technologies that one of it is superior, VHS vs Betamax. Betamax was obviously the better one but it lost to VHS because of its pricing. This console battle is similiar to this and we can take VHS vs Betamax to predict the outcome.

6. freshprince92

freshprince92 Well-Known Member

yea i havent seen many good reports for the ps3 even ign gave it a bad report saying it was an over priced piece of crap

7. fluer

fluer Well-Known Member

VHS was superior to betamax. Not only because of it's price but because of other things, such as the length of a tape. VHS lasted two hours and Betamax only one hour. Things like that is what failed the Betamax.

Although, this time round, I think Sony can win the battle.

8. .Shady

.Shady Well-Known Member

Graphics look sick but seems so complicated to hook up

9. Fawthy

Fawthy Active Member

Ya ps3 isnt good. Im getting xbox360.

10. Xinor

Xinor Well-Known Member

The X 360 ist great. But I`m sure, that that PS3 is great too. So the best think that can happen to you... you get the X 360, PS3 and Wii :D All of them have/will have great games.

11. Kennedy

Kennedy Senior Member

Oh my god!

"One from Arstechnica and another from NY Times."

Whoa! Arstechnica? never heard of it before.
    NY times, sure, they must have a lot of game pros in there.

Another Oh my god.

2! It friking just launched.
    360 has been around a year now.

"Ain't looking good for PS3's future"

:rofl: I will repeat, P-S--3 J-u-s-t L-a-u-n-c-h-e-d.

Way to judge something that has been around for, 10 days.

12. Parusa

Parusa Well-Known Member

The Blu-ray in the Ps3 is cheaper then the xbox HD-dvd add-on.
    for $100 extra compared to an xbox you get Blu-ray and a lot more. The add-on alone is $200. If that price determines who wins, ding ding we have a winner. Unfortunately there is not a single similiarity between Ps3-xbox360 and VHS-Betamax. How could you compare if HD-dvd isn't even included in the price and serves no use but to play movies.

13. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

Posts like these annoy me ...

Not explained whatsoever

Its better buying a PS3 than paying £1000 for a standalone as said as they are going for that much here in UK

It hasnt even been a month in launch for PS3 at US and 360 rushed their console to gain control over the market because they know as soon as PS and Wii come out they are going to lose out hence a year earlier = sold more

But guess what PS3 and Wii is in the building and going to Rox 360's foundation to hell :rofl:

DarkStar

14. HOOD PROPHET

HOOD PROPHET Well-Known Member

Right you say post like that annoy you, but posts like your's annoy me.

All i hear is fanboys sayin "the ps3 is great value because a standalone blu-ray player costs well more"
    These kind of facts help sony when sellin the ps2 but this time round it extremely different because blu-ray hasnt been defined as the best format for the next couple of years unlike dvd was when it was established well before the ps2 release.

Also you say the 360 rushed, no you got it wrong the ps3 was delayed.

15. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

360 has been out for a year and shouldnt even be included in next gen between wii and ps3

I was commenting on his post not in general ... and I am not a fanboy either - People around here think after they have posted rather than before

The fact is, even though the 360 has had a year head start, It's WAY too early to make a fair comparison. In a year or so, developers will have more experience coding games for all 3 systems, and thats when we'll see who shakes out as the best.

I will never Buy ANYTHING (car's, PC's game consoles, etc..) immediately after release, it's always better to wait for the bugs to shake out.

After a year we will see but as PS3 only just got launched ... its a wait and see not deciding what is the best at launch - Its bizarre

360 was delayed too ... to fix the touchups - Same goes for the PS3

Im having a silly belief for Microsoft that being first means they win. They rushed the unit out to have a Christmas season advantage over the PS3, which was a year ago - Its nearly Christmas now and consumers will see what happens during then

All I see is that the Xbox 360 truly is just an Xbox 1.5 (or maybe 1.1)

Not a statement of fanboyism as most people are - I am thinking of buying all 3 once they are stable ...

DarkStar