2 Bad Reviews For Ps3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Trax, Nov 21, 2006.

1. DiabloDj1

DiabloDj1 Well-Known Member

Nah, then I'd have to choose either Wii or a new PC. xD
    but yea, Wii is inferior console wise. So I get a nice graphics card in the future sometime so I can balance it out.

And to corruptcop, I agree N64 is awesome but you must admit it can give problems. Cartridges sometimes have problems, well, running. And if u hit it it will just freeze. Sometimes mine freezes for no reason. But it's old, it's still pretty good of a system. Good games.

2. Parusa

Parusa Well-Known Member

I challange you to name 3 because that article makes small stuff like HDMI cable not included look like crime to mankind.

3. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

so you're saying that even though out of the box the PSe and the xbox have the same resolution, but the xbox has higher AA and AF settings, that this is acceptable? That means lower graphcis than advertised, and lower than the competition at a higher price.

I DO NOT THINK SO.

mistakes
    1 making blue ray mandatory when it drastically increaes the cost of the unit
    2 going with a radical design which doesn't work(using only cell and no GPU)
    3 going with a "last generation" GPU, insteed of having nVidia base it off their new GPU G80.
    4 not changing the design when it was found otu that cell was less powerful than though of, had yield issues, and to a lesser extent had thermal issues.

four off the top of my head.

4. Parusa

Parusa Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder if you're --- pc or just anti-playstation. The blu-ray is definitely not a mistake. I gladly pay the extra $100 for it compared to a $200 useless add-on. As will millions of people who own/owned a Ps2 before. It's still better. Being capable of full HD wich on screen is twice the xbox360 resolution. It's still capable of more calculations, and more simultanious effects onscreen. And for that I want, and will gladly pay $100 extra.

5. SHINOBIKNIGHT0

SHINOBIKNIGHT0 Member

I read the first article, and I'm not as excited about the ps3 as before.

Merged Post:

I read the first article, and I'm not as excited about the ps3 as before.

6. HCL

HCL Member

Personally, I think short term, 360 will dominate. But in the long run, which will be in 3-6 years, will see Sony taking the lead with Wii in second. That's being as unbiased as I can possibly be.

7. iStealth

iStealth Well-Known Member

I do not really think the PS3 is anything special to be honest. The Nintendo Wii looks the magic. The great controller and some good games will make it fantastic. With the limited PS3'S and the latest problems I think the Nintendo has beaten Sony at this round.

The PS2 is what I will stick with for now and I will be getting the Nintendo Wii when it comes out. I never thought I would get the Wii until a few weeks ago.

8. vogue.

vogue. Senior Member

Well, i should say:

If the ps3 gets cheaper it will be the best sold console by far.

9. ViperAFK

ViperAFK Well-Known Member

They're already loosing HUNDREDS on each PS3 made at the current ridiculously expensive price

10. Trax

Trax Well-Known Member

The cost of making a PS3 is about $900. Sony is taking a big hit for every PS3 sold. Thats why Sony forces you to buy a game when you buy the PS3.

11. Parusa

Parusa Well-Known Member

Too bad for all those people that were just gonna buy the console withouth games and stare at it hu

12. REEPUR

REEPUR Member

well those do seem to be true.

13. Acid Gambit

Acid Gambit Well-Known Member

I keep saying this. The first wave of anything new usally has bugs, dont buy first wave.

14. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

the first wave and the last wave wont' really perform any different.

I do beleive the reviews are chastising the PS3, for lack of rumble, high cost, lack of games, the lack support to developers on sony's side, and subpar performance given its release date and based off of original performance reports given by sony.

in short the PS3 falls below expectations, and Sony failed to deliver what it originally promised - even though they released it half a year late.

15. Marforce

Marforce Senior Member

Apparently the PS3 hasn't had the worst launch lineup of all time:

link

Merged Post:

Apparently the PS3 hasn't had the worst launch lineup of all time:

link