16gb Micro Sdhc Card Problem

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by .HaVoC., Aug 1, 2009.

1. .HaVoC.

.HaVoC. ┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Ok I have an 8gig Micro SDHC Card for my AT&T Tilt but I just bought a 16gig card and I want to transfer my files from the 8gig to the 16gig. The problem is my pc (HP a230n) can't read either one of the cards. I know that it's because they are SDHC cards but I can't seem to find anything online that'll give my pc the capability to read them. Can anyone help me out?</span>

2. Papermache

Papermache Well-Known Member

Can you connect your phone to your computer with the memory card in? If so then you could transfer it onto your computer, switch cards, and transfer it back.

3. .HaVoC.

.HaVoC. ┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">I've done it that way before but it's a lot slower like that. I want the cards to actually work with the pc directly. Once I'm done transfering everything to the 16gig I'm gonna have the 8gig just sitting there so I figure I'd put it to use but it's kinda hard when I have to put it in my phone to use it.</span>

4. Papermache

Papermache Well-Known Member

5. .HaVoC.

.HaVoC. ┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My pc comes with a SD reader built in but it just doesn't support SDHC. I read somewhere that you can install a firmware update to give it SDHC support but I can't find it anywhere.</span>

6. .HaVoC.

.HaVoC. ┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">I just finished transfering all my files to the 16gig through the phone but I would still like to be able to do it directly through my pc in the future.</span>

7. .HaVoC.

.HaVoC. ┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">THIS little b*stard did the trick perfectly. No need for a firmware update.</span>

8. shynes

shynes Banned from GR

You can use an adapter. Most cards I've bought for my phone come with them.
    Also I've never had trouble transferring files to from phone with card inside. Takes less than a minute for a 500 mb movie.