1 Terabyte?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LostUchiha, Jan 4, 2008.

1. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

I have nearly 160gb in music alone. About 250-300 ish GB in movies on my computer, about another 50gb in resources for signatures (renders, stocks, vectors, etc.), about 15-20gb of saved .psds from my work, then about 75gb ish in video game files... Thats what... 550 to 600 gb of storage used. My overall hard drive usage is ... one sec ... 1,062,606,047,805 total bytes of storage (1 TB) total with 768,148,950,220 bytes used (715 GB). Gonna have to get a new drive here soon =D.

2. .jrauck

.jrauck Well-Known Member

I wouldn't buy it. I have 200 gb of hard drive space which is enough room for me.

3. iSav

iSav Well-Known Member

You have to understand that different people have different needs.

4. nub.com

nub.com New Member

That's just plain overkill...
    Do you even listen to all that music? Watch all those movies over again? don't know... but i guess its one time listening and watching and that's it... Also gaming storage... ? i did game alot but uhm...

5. iSav

iSav Well-Known Member

Its not overkill. Its -----.

6. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

lol jsut because he may not listen to all of it, does not justify getting rid of it. also, 75gb isn't that much. most games these days use 5-15gig of space. at an average of 7gig per game, thats only 11 games. I usually have about 200gig worth of games installed, as i don't uninstall games unless i'm reformatting. HDD's are so goddamned cheap these days, that nothing justifies deleting valuable files instead of buying a larger Hard drive.

7. Tasslehoff9566

Tasslehoff9566 Senior Member

i would need a tera just because i make images of the games i play because my dvd drive enjoys making humming noises when i put disk in so i need to get around to replacing it. 125 gigs of games + images almost filled up my hd with the other crap on it.

Edit*
    off topic: i feel out of place joined eariler yet have fewer post then most.

8. dinges

dinges Senior Member

I manage with 200 gb that I clean out every month
    so a TB would be very welcome to me :P

9. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Buy one. They're cheap as.

10. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Every single song and movie I have has been watched a minimum of 5 times. The primary reason why I have so much music is because I dislike getting single songs and prefer getting whole albums and ripping those to my hard drive. Having 1 song from a band just seems... odd to me, and incomplete. Also, most of the bands I listen to (even remotely) I have their full discographies, including multiple copies, remixes, and remakes of particular songs. In short, yes, all the file space I have gets put to good use and used quite often.

Also, to put it shortly, I have 2 80GB iPods which are 100% filled and I listen to daily (I love music, what can I say?) which means a lot of those songs get use. My favorites list, for instance, has more songs than most people have in total, being a little over 5,000 songs. All of those have at least 10 plays on iTunes, with the ones I listen to more often around 100-200 ish.

11. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

That's exactly how I feel. I hate using my friends iPods because they have tons of artists, but only 1 or 2 songs of them. Also, usually when you hear a good song by a band, you'll find theres 10 better songs on their other albums. Since I have a 25mbps connection and an 80gb cap, I dont feel the need to ever cut back.