If 9/11 Had Never Happened........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CyberForce, Nov 25, 2005.

1. CyberForce

CyberForce Well-Known Member

Would we have invaded Iraq?

I don't think Iraqi invasion would have happen if 9/11 had not happened.

What are your thoughts about this? :unsure:

2. MockingMonkey

MockingMonkey Well-Known Member

We would have because Bush is an oil freak and he would have it any way possible... Thus he may even make his own 9/11 just to make it look like there was a reason to go into Iraq... For the oil...

3. BreakOut

BreakOut Well-Known Member

its all for the oil
    so i would say yes

4. CyberForce

CyberForce Well-Known Member

I do agree with the oil part but Bush needed a major reason to attack iraq like he said that Sadam was controlling those iraqi's.

5. Magnesium

Magnesium Well-Known Member

Even if it is about the oil, which I am not saying it it or is not, we would have still needed a more valid reason to barge in there. So if the 9/11 never happened, no, American soldiers would not be there, unless ofcourse something else did happen.

Also, my locker combination is 9-11-01, weird eh...

6. Zoma

Zoma Well-Known Member

Well, quite. We know Bush wants oil so badly, he would invade Iraq even if the 9/11 did not happen.

7. Renagade

Renagade Senior Member

It's funny because no one has voted "Yes" yet.

8. Ice92888

Ice92888 Well-Known Member

Wow... I'm the only one who voted yes? cool... I'm the first guy who voted yes... lol.

Anyways, yeah, I think Bush would still have invaded Iraq for the petroleum like everyone's saying.

9. Painore

Painore Well-Known Member

I would say yes, they needed saddam out of there any way..And the oil issues are a factor..

10. SponX

SponX Well-Known Member

Possibly down the road, but it wouldn't have been so sudden.

11. rzn

rzn Well-Known Member

I vote no.

But i'm not saying he wouldn't have done it furthur in the future but clearly no one can answer that. Most of you guys are stuck watching nothing but the anti-bush media (Michael Moore for ex.). He went there for the War on Terrorism, not because of oil. Bush is a surprisingly smart man, but the media destroys him because that's what they do. If he's so "dumb" and "bad" then can someone explain to me why he was voted in AGAIN? You guys need to start reading the facts and not listening to the media, cause the 51% or more who voted for him did, now it's your turn.

But i'm not saying he wouldn't have gone there in a later date if 9/11 didn't happen. But again, no one will ever know that answer.

P.s. I'm Canadian, so I have an "outsiders" point of view and I watch the news (Fox News) which is a Bush supporter. Try watching that for facts.

Rant over. :D

12. RabiesTheOstrich

RabiesTheOstrich Well-Known Member

I believe the war would've never happened, until Bush could find another exuse.

13. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I suggest anyone who thinks the War on Iraq is about oil to read the following book:

"The Culture of Fear" - Why Americans are afraid of the wrong things: Crime, Drugs, Minorities, Teen Moms, Killer Kids, Mutant Microbes, Plane Crashes, Road Rage, and so much more.

As the description of the book states, its about the media and how it influences lifes..often not in a good way.

America is a country gripped by fear. In this startling and widely acclaimed book, Barry Gassner explores the people and organizations that manipulate our perceptions and profit from our anxieties. Those peddlers of fear- politicans, advocacy groups, and TV newsmagazines, among othes- Cost Americans dearly, weighing us down with needless worries and wasting billions of dollars.

If your not emart enough to look into all sides of a action or opinion, then you deserve no opinion or freedrom of speech. Thats called ignorance,

BFTP

14. X-Chronic

X-Chronic Well-Known Member

The iraqi invasion didnt got anything to do with 9/11. The Iraqi invasion had to do with Saddam.

The 9/11 accident had something to do with Bin Laden.

So my answer is Yes.

15. Z-mighty

Z-mighty Well-Known Member

No, the government wouldn't have allowed Bush to bring in the Army without a good reason.