How should I moderate the forum?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xlink, Apr 8, 2018.

1. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

As I am more or less the only mod on here (plus shaggy), how would YOU like me to moderate?

My current policy is this: if someone is egregious with their language I will modify it to be unhostile and declare that I've made such an edit. I will NOT hand out warnings unless it's every post they make for a repeated time.

Is this fair? Is it reasonable? Is it burdensome censorship to change "[User] is a ****** who needs to *****" to "[User] has poor judgement and should consider how and when he speaks more carefully"

I personally detest of censorship and I VALUE free speech but don't feel I should leave acrimonious messages at the top of the time. At the same time I'd rather leave something showing the person's opinion as opposed to merely deleting it.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

Free speech of course, but we all know what goes to far.

Xlink, the question is, what should we do with this forum? Should we stick with the render accept or venture out to something new? I'm going to be doing a mass email sometime and want to make sure when those older members come back to check out the site, they stay. What ideas do you have?