Good Weight Loss Tips?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by White Tiger, Nov 25, 2007.

1. White Tiger

White Tiger Well-Known Member

With the recent insults from family members saying I have a beer belly, I decided to embark on a pre-New Year diet and weight loss journey. Now, I know the basics of dieting to not include greasy/friend foods, sodas, and anything with sugar or flour, but what is a good plan from there?

I am currently doing 45 minutes of jogging/walking to attempt to burn 300 calories each time, 4 times a week, but I don't want to over do it. Realize I am busy in time and need something that is functional. Also, I am attempting to lose around 50 pounds by around July 4th, or least before I go off to college. Any tips or suggestions?

2. Semper-Fi

Semper-Fi Well-Known Member

get a bowflex =] haha

3. spartan117

spartan117 Senior Member

all i did was eat healthy and play tennis 2x a week and i lost 50 lbs. but that was over a year. with dedication though you could meet your goal easily

4. Nasuul

Nasuul Well-Known Member

just stick to good food, and excercise

a lot of excercise.

Foods that are not deep fried, and a lot of salads etc.

Also seafood is light and good for u. Look for thats sort of thing.

I am no expert heheh.

5. Kalli

Kalli Senior Member

Exercise Exercise Don't Eat Exercise

6. Phaze_

Phaze_ Well-Known Member

Instead of eating 3 big meals a day, have like 5 or 6 small ones that dont include garbage foods. Eating healthy is like 100% key as long as you dont sit around all day you should see results. If your really commited just push yourself to jog/run even longer, get some good pump up songs on your ipod and go for a late night run its actually really enjoyable to go for a run at like 9 and then come home, shower, and go to bed. Goodluck.

7. legenddurn

legenddurn Well-Known Member

Exercise
    Eat Healthy
    Cut Down On BEER.

8. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

Avoid McDonalds.

Consistent exercise. Running is good. Situps are fun. Important thing is not to give up; if you can't run for 45 minutes straight (or whatever your goal is), run as much as you can and build up to that goal.

9. becks

becks Well-Known Member

change ur diet and eat healthy, smaller meals more fruit and more exercise.

10. ShneakySquirrel

ShneakySquirrel Well-Known Member

All these are decent tips, but really... if you want to lose weight... I mean REALLY want to lose weight, you'll find a weigh (u cee wat i ddi thar!?!)

And ferret, I'm not defending McDonalds, however since I work there and have been for 4 months, I have eaten there every single day I work (5 days a week), and I have not gained a single pound. So, fast food in general isn't GOOD for you, but it's certainly not the thing that will decide whether you are in shape or not.

11. rzn

rzn Well-Known Member

You can always do what happened to my friends brother. He got sucker punched and broke his jaw. They wired it shut and he could only drink through a straw for 6 weeks. Lost 20 lbs.

12. .ZERO

.ZERO Nigga wit a PSD

Stop posting on forums and go for a run.

13. SM RxBandits

SM RxBandits Senior Member

a big part of eating junk foods and candy and bad stuff is that people get hungry or bored throughout the day between their 3 mail meals. if you have 5 or 6 small meals throughout a day you wont be hungry and you want be bored and have that sudden urge to eat. and if you do have that urge, then eat some yogurt or an apple.

14. SomeThingCreepy

SomeThingCreepy Well-Known Member

Run 10 hours a day and only eat fruit/veggies. If you dont lose weight in 5 days make another thread. I promise results.

Really, running isn't needed. And if you start and try to run and be all super healthy all at once you will just give up on it after about two weeks or so. What you need is a long term strategy that doesn't bother you too much.

For starters, make sure to eat three times a day. This is totally sufficient. Breakfast, lunch and supper. That will do. Of course what you eat is important as well. Don't eat too much, but more importantly, just stay away from obvious health hazards. Once again, you don't have to be superhealthy guy and only eat vegetables etc. just try eating normal food and eat a bit less than what you would normally eat. And if you ever do get very hungry say between lunch and supper, just take a fruit and some juice.

For example, if you are going to eat pasta and sausages you probably have a pretty good idea of how many sasuages you take and how much pasta you take. So simply make a choice to take less than that.

And if you don't usually move around alot you should start doing that. You don't have to run or join an exercise organization or whatever but just make sure to take a long walk every other day or so.

Walking and eating less (and specifically not eating ----) will make you lose weight and it won't be hard to do it at all. It might take a long time, but it's safe. Losing too much weight too fast isn't good either... Just stay away from cookies, chips, candy, coke, beer, french fries etc. they are not your friends. If you really must have them, treat yourself once a month or something.

15. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

Yes, but:

[​IMG]

(Fast food on occasion isn't *bad.* You could certainly eat better, however.)

(P.S.: the 'super fit routine' thing is a good tip; starting off too big too early will just make you lose faith and stop)