Call Of Duty 4 (ps3)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by becks, Jan 3, 2008.

1. becks

becks Well-Known Member

hey any1 got this on the ps3? i jus got it and the controls seems to be messed up. On the analog stick up is down and down is up.Help me out please and discuss other issues abt cod here aswell.

2. Taintedevil

Taintedevil Member

Trying going to options and controls or something and try to find something about inverted aim or something like that. I hear it sucks. Bad gfx so bad sniping is not even possible. The PS3 is the most disappointing of the 3 new gen systems imo.

3. becks

becks Well-Known Member

lol i dont knw why ppl start going on abt ps3 how rubbish it is. I ve had it for like month or less and im really likin it and think its fine.I jus dont get what the big deal is. However thaks for replying.I cant find anything like that. Oh and it doesnt suck ive heard its great and its one of the best, the graphics are amazing!

4. Nizzerd

Nizzerd Well-Known Member

Well the big deal is the PS3 was really expensive...and everybody was like....im just gonna buy a 360....and now they think they have the god system and say ps3's crash all the time and stuff...but so many people get those 3 red rings on their ps3's...and im still rockin my ps3 and i like it wayyyyy more than when i had my 360...Not saying 360 is total crap...but ps3 is better

5. Nizzerd

Nizzerd Well-Known Member

Well the big deal is the PS3 was really expensive...and everybody was like....im just gonna buy a 360....and now they think they have the god system and say ps3's crash all the time and stuff...but so many people get those 3 red rings on their 360's...and im still rockin my ps3 and i havent had any problems and i like it wayyyyy more than when i had my 360...Not saying 360 is total crap...but ps3 is better

6. FUBAR

FUBAR Senior Member

Becks, you should be able to invert the controls from the options. I've had COD4 for the 360 since it came out and just bought it for the PS3 last night and the controls are flipped on the controllers. I was able to flip the controls from the options (Default Flipped) so you should be able to invert as well.

I'm not impressed with the way COD4 handles on the PSN compared to XBL. I'm not sure if it was just problems last night with the servers or if it's like this all the time but it was pretty bad. I would hit "Find Game" and would just sit there and nothing would happen, I would be by myself in a match. I'd leave the match and have to do it 20 times before I'd find a game. It wasn't only me either, other people were having the same problem and same with my party. It was very laggy at times and the voice chat was pretty bad with echo's. I'd see "Downloading Game Settings" at times and it would just freeze up for a min or two. Also it doesn't show how many people are playing in each game type like XBL did (1500/10000) for example. There's no option to send friends requests to people from within the game which is also disappointing.

Before anyone asks, the reason I bought it for the PS3 when I already had it for 360 is because more of my clan members play it for PS3.

I hope it's better tonight.. :mellow:

7. joseg

joseg Well-Known Member

You rich or just have a good paying job? PS3's lookg good but I go the 360 because I heard the online was amazing and it is but just right now the problems are making me dislike it. But I'm still satisfied with the purchase :]

8. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

the ps3s gfx and the xboxs graphics are the same... like 3 developers even said that

9. alexd

alexd Well-Known Member

I wouldnt mind comparing the exact same screenshot of the PS3 and Xbox360s graphics next to each other just to see if there is any difference at all. Same with the PC aswell.

10. becks

becks Well-Known Member

i think u wll find its the other way round ps3 dont crash its the xbox 360 that does some next stuff.This aint abt xbox vs ps3 thread so please jus leave it there lol.

11. becks

becks Well-Known Member

tahnks fubar the problem is fixed, i wont hve a go at u coz what u said wasnt comapring anything but a good post actualy.Do let us know if it was better 2day or not.

opps double post.

12. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Bought it for the 360, little issue, FAR better then CoD2 was.

13. becks

becks Well-Known Member

u knw what my bros been trying to play it and its annoying. if u try to join the team death match it takes years but if its the one where u shoot any1 it was quick.I wonder why that is.like when i play resistance it goes on straight away god knws whats wrong with call of duty.

14. Pulse.

Pulse. Well-Known Member

the max time i have to wait is about 1 min to join a game, and the default settings are ok for me with the controls

15. becks

becks Well-Known Member

i dont knw why it takes ages...theres only 2 rooms i can go to and the death match one jus takes years its like waiting for players and nothing really happens