Can't Take It Anymore Ahh!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Seith, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Seith

Seith Well-Known Member

I have a d-link router which sucks cus it crash all the time for not apprent reason. [replace it for 2 times] and now the technical guy that my ISP sent said that there is too many connection on one line. So, i took some out, but still doesn't work. I had no crash, but my ping is too high! I can't play anything. always around 48-70. And i got some league coming on, so i need a fix, and fast.

2. Aiden

Aiden Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with 48-70.. thats not bad...

3. Seith

Seith Well-Known Member

It seems that u never played some first person shooters. That ping is bad for recoil, and sometimes it get worse and that's annoying when everybody around u is getting mega kills. And the most annoying, that you know you can kill, but this kind of ---- stops ya.

4. aphex

aphex AKA Zander

That ping is not ideal, but its still fine. I have had bad experiences with dlink, I use netcomm. Maybe its time to switch brands, do you have a way to contact other users in your area with the same isp. It could be a problem with the isp in your area.

5. buchvecny

buchvecny Well-Known Member

oo u dont know what would i give for 50ping..

6. Seith

Seith Well-Known Member

Hmm, maybe. But i think that is only what the ISP suplies. They support only Dlink. Maybe i should switch ISP [my dad won't allow me] or buy an external modem.

- buchvecny, what kind of modem do you own. I wanna move to the US\UK\Swe u have such an amazing ping.

7. Gnuen

Gnuen Well-Known Member

Yeh, I had this problem once too.. It was a virus on one of the Pc`s (we have 3). So just kinda reinstalled windows on that pc and then it worked. So yeh, maybe search for viruses on your pc(s) :)

8. Lucas-

Lucas- Well-Known Member

t h a t s u u x d u d e

9. Intoxication

Intoxication Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with that ping for FPS. You only get mass lag when your ping is 200+ and when others is 300+ Or depends what game you play. Some steam accounts lag.

10. Gurly

Gurly Well-Known Member

48 - 70 ping lol thats not bad at all i ping anything from 18 - 50 on uk servers but u really only start gettin lag when u hit 200 ping i play on servers in the states all the time with a 100 - 150 ping its nothing u jus need to learn to lead a lil bit i doubt ur get a much lower pin than u already have

11. Intoxication

Intoxication Well-Known Member

In most Australian servers I play with around 20 - 40 ping. And I was getting lag and no ones ping was higher than 100.

If it is steam, the aaccounts can lag.

12. Seith

Seith Well-Known Member

I need a ping around 1 - 40. That's all my friends have. this sux :\ and my computer is clean, he's always clean.

13. DiabloDj1

DiabloDj1 Well-Known Member

You call ur computer 'he'?...anyway...

Hmm..just run the usual IP checks maybe? Like deletin temp int. files, running the whole iprenew thing etc..idk much about ping though, sry

14. BLu1

BLu1 Well-Known Member

This is a joke, the guy doesn't need help(Yet he claims to know about FPS and leagues.), league rules for ping are 80ms for each player, any higher than that and they can opt for a different server. This is coming from me as a CAL-M, IM player, I have played with CPL teams and they have 40-60 ping. That doesn't affect your aiming at all. Until you have a constant 80ms delay, STFU.

15. BurninH2O

BurninH2O Senior Member

70 is not bad and i get around 29-100 and still Own everyone in Css and ET and DOD:S