Gone Buy New Comp Need Help!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Illusion, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

Hey guys im gone buy a new computer this weekend but i dont kno which on is good and i want it under $400-500 cuze i gota spend my own money my parents think im old enuff to buy ---- lol(18) BTW can someone give me links to sites or tell me which one is the best. I want a computer that will work fast even if i download Warcraft adobe cs2 fonts, brushes and all that ---- but i want it to still run faster!!! can anyone help!!

2. .RaMBo

.RaMBo Well-Known Member

Do you just need the system itself or a full system with monitor & all? If you need a full system you would be spending the full $500 guaranteed.

3. Phaze_

Phaze_ Well-Known Member

mine is great, fast, tons of memory, its real nice, it was about 900 canadian so u might be able to afford something like it but idk, its a Gateway 831 GM i recomend it, even tho i usually don tlike gateways too much. Dell could be a good way to go if your low on money :).

4. Illusion

i want a real good one and full set and under 500 or something

5. DiabloDj1

DiabloDj1 Well-Known Member

Goin custom is always better..but idk about that budget..

what do u plan on using this computer for? Gaming, internet, etc. and is it really gonna be a gamin pc or just a few small games like WoW..cuz that dont require a big gfx card anyway

6. Illusion

i just want one game on and its War Craft and i wanna use internet also want to do gfxs and ---- and dont want it to go slow

7. .RaMBo

.RaMBo Well-Known Member

It's going to be really hard to make a full system for about $500. It's do able. I've made systems for about that much with a sytem, monitor, speakers, keyboard & mouse, & printer. I wouldn't go Intel Celeron or AMD Sempron. I would go with a P4 478 pin 2.4Ghz with 1MB of cache & 533 fsb (price $129 boxed cpu). To bad there's hardly any AMD XP available in stock these days. An AMD Barton system would work great for you. I still have a AMD XP 2500 Barton in the house. I'm using it as a dump to download my movies, software, & music.

8. DiabloDj1

9. .vivid

.vivid Senior Member

ok my recconmendation save up some money and get about 1000 or so and then build it/buy one. for 500 i think that you wouldn't get the computer of ur dreams or nething.

10. DiabloDj1

Well if your not doin any games other than Wow all you need is 512 mbs ram and a 2.0+ GHz processor..and like, 64 mb graphics card cuz 32 (like I have...) just sucks

11. Sociopath

Sociopath Well-Known Member

Newegg usually ships earlier than expected and is the cheapest place even with shipping prices go there and pick out stuff.

12. .RaMBo

.RaMBo Well-Known Member

Just be carefull with newegg.com. If you select the cheapest shipping, you usually have a damaged box, sometimes the item is damaged. I have a friend who works there & they get alot of complaints from customers who receive damaged boxes.