Computer

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jakska, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Jakska

Jakska Well-Known Member

i wanna get a new computer less than 1,000 and i want to get a good one for graphics, plenty of ram, and good space...XP Professional as well..can someone give me a link or name some names?

2. blacklabelwood

blacklabelwood Well-Known Member

Get a dell, and but some memory. Thats what i did, and its great. Cost around $600.

3. Jakska

Jakska Well-Known Member

yea i was looking at dells but i dont know which models to get im not to good with computers

4. glitch

glitch Well-Known Member

if you can install ram or video card then you are computer literate enough to build your own.

5. blunt

blunt Well-Known Member

was gonna suggest a mac if you like graphics, but you say you want windows, so a dell is a very good choice, have them at school, 2.99ghz, a gig of RAM, good for graphics.

But really i'd suggest a mac for graphiccy stuff :P :)

6. nP[King]

nP[King] Well-Known Member

Dell computers are cheap and worth every penny of it. One thing to keep in mind, dell computers have what I call "DELL mother board" what does it mean? Well when Dell make their own motherboard and build it, everything is pretty much integrated. In the other words, some parts are glued in the main motherboard and you cant take them out to upgrade or anything like that.(Unless you get the expensive dimension model, but that's a different story)
    But since you don't know much about computer, DELL is recommended.

7. glitch

glitch Well-Known Member

dell also uses no name and cheap computer components.

8. Jakska

Jakska Well-Known Member

sweet...can u give me some model names?

9. D4rX

D4rX Well-Known Member

Circut City has a good sale on two AMD 64s this week. around 6-7 hundred for AMD 64 3400, 200GB HDD, 512 ram,

10. Seed

Seed Well-Known Member

I have two Dells and I am very satisfied with them. They have good support and if something hardware wise breaks on your computer while under warranty, they will come to your house and repair it.

11. Hero's Wings

Hero's Wings Member

You can find some good dells online, plus there you can pretty much customize what you want (ie: better performance for gfx)

12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

i have a dell laptop and idk what i would do without it :) btw, im lookin to get a new RAM stick, could someone IM me to tell me how to like, "put it on" my comp? im a noob when it comes to hardware :P

13. D4rX

D4rX Well-Known Member

u just turn off ur comp. remove all wires. open it up. put them in their slots. and BAM sall done

14. JL Saig0n

JL Saig0n Well-Known Member

As for all of these people elicting DELLs as your choice, probably, depending on how good/experienced with computers you are. If you one day just want to upgrade a DELL, you're out of luck. The board is a 100% DELL Integrated System, touch this physically, and your warranty is void. I would recommend being on the lookout for parts, a case here on sale, a CD-R on sale four weeks later, stuff like that.

You're likely to get more bang for your buck with a DELL, simply because of their upgrade policy ($$), and because you're buying a 'static' machine, it will become obsolete fairly quickly, and you won't be able to revamp it into the future.

Also, make sure you know what you want. If you want a computer for games, look into a nice video card, with high quality SDRAM built in. For rendering in photoshop, psp, cinema, 3DSM, maya, or any of those programs, you're going to want lots of system ram, however, don't opt to get RAMBUS (waste of money, no matter how elite). 64bit Systems will ownz everything out there in the land of rendering. (Those systems carry a high price tag though.)