Ig - Vista

Discussion in 'Website Design and Coding' started by X0rn, Feb 20, 2008.

1. X0rn

X0rn Well-Known Member

2. Snowy

Snowy Well-Known Member

I think that the template needs to be filled in more. Right now it has a lot of negative space, which isn't good. Doing rollovers are easy, just design them in photoshop first. Color scheme is alright... The layout seems a bit repetitive. I think you need another color in there somewhere.
    Keep workin on it. :)

3. X0rn

X0rn Well-Known Member

all the layers are already created in ps, for the rollover. and what color should i add, its a vista theme. the main theme is just that.

4. Chakka

Chakka Well-Known Member

Not too sure on the "Vista" element. Personally I dont have any orange on my Vista laptop <_< But as a theme it looks good, I like the overall layout but definitely needs more content, and I'm not too sure on the constant repetition of the orange/black grad layer. It looks good on the header/banner/nav bar but its a bit much on the rest. Maybe try and grade it less so more is black and only the very bottom shows orange, rather than a 50/50 split as it is. Otherwise though its got great potential.

5. X0rn

X0rn Well-Known Member

i did i changed it up. plus there a severel main themes for vista. my theme has orange when there is an *newly* active browser, and orange is not the main color, it was just the final layer that was showing, i decreased the size of footer, and lowered the height of where the gradients reach. but Orange will only show when an element is clicked on, and blue will show on rollover, and then the default color is black.

6. Snowy

Snowy Well-Known Member

Vista as in the OS? Vista is mainly know for it's blue/green colors, with lots of layers of different opacity to make a translucent effect. Vista isn't really known for a black and orange theme. :S

7. X0rn

X0rn Well-Known Member