Bootskin

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by HUMPTY_DUMPTY, Jan 4, 2005.

1. HUMPTY_DUMPTY

HUMPTY_DUMPTY New Member

Hey guys.

I thought this would be the best place to ask. Does anybody know how I can get a custom BootSkin working? I have downloaded the programe and got a skin file. All thats in the skin file is the .ini file and the 2 pics that are needed. I just cant load it into BootSkin cause there is no ".bootskin" file. Anybody know how to get this working?

Cheers,
    Humpty.

2. jukya

jukya Well-Known Member

are you talking about a boot skin in a game? what game ifso

3. glitch

glitch Well-Known Member

hes talking about for windows, i use stylexp and it works but when i boot windows it wants to know if i want to choose from windows xp proffesional or windows xp profesional. im like um ok... so i just undo it. thats happended every time ive tryed it even when i did it manualy. also i wouldnt suggest not doing this because your basicly messing with the windows kernal and if you **** it up then you will have to reinstall windows, also it would be a pain getting your data off that disc before you reformat.

4. RagnaroK

RagnaroK Senior Member

whoa whoa whoa... you're doing it wrong, that's an 'unusable' file i could say.

get over to http://www.wincustomize.com/ and go download 'BootSkin' that is if you have it, then no need to, download Bootskins from there, not anywhere else. cause that's the only place where you can get official bootskins. Anyways have fun scrolling ^_^

5. HUMPTY_DUMPTY

HUMPTY_DUMPTY New Member

6. RagnaroK

RagnaroK Senior Member

oh... i dont advice using that file, getting it to work is a pain, and it requires you hacking your own system. And the chances of that succeeding is like... 1 / 100. So i dont advice using it, but if you want give it a go, ive never done it before and im not willing to.

7. HUMPTY_DUMPTY

HUMPTY_DUMPTY New Member

lol, well sounds fair enough to me :P no bootskin for me then ;) Thanks for your help anyway :)

8. Xerxes

Xerxes Senior Member

all you have to do is go to Import & import the skin, should work No problems