Final Fantasy Vii Advent Children

Discussion in 'Movies' started by LordIkon, Jun 10, 2006.

1. LordIkon

LordIkon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

LordIkon's Review:

This movie is a great piece of CG... based on the Final Fantasy VII game and set after the events of the game, this movie is just an amazing visual experience. I'm not accustomed to writting a review of anything.. all i know is that i loved this movie...

2. Balthier

Balthier Well-Known Member

It's only for hardcore fanboys.
    There are too many retarded scenese,like Cloud reflecting bullet with his glasses/googles(wtf!?),wtf pwning Sephiroth with Omni Slash(or w/e it's called),getting scratched only twice...tch...the only thing good is CG animation.

3. falcata55

falcata55 Well-Known Member

Yeah its an awesome movie, thought they would add a bit more stuff to it htough. The english voice acting isnt that great compared to the Japanese imo. i like watching the reminescence of ffvii though :P

4. nWo Member

nWo Member Active Member

i agree dam good movie

5. Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

Really? Ive heard people that havent even played FF7 that have liked it. Infact at my HEB (grocery store, but a huge one with a electronics department) it was 10th best sold and I can guarentee you only a tenth of the people that bought it then had played it.

Im sure you missed the part where Cloud's hand started melting? At the end of FF7 if you maxed out you could beat Sephiroth pretty easily. Lets say that Cloud fought Sephiroth, his Omnislash would easily own Sephiroth.

THE ENTIRE THING WAS CG ANIMATION!!!

6. .:RiDDaNcE:.

.:RiDDaNcE:. Well-Known Member

Its waaay out there. I mean, I appreciate FF, but it always skips scenes. Like when tifa had gotten beaten up by kadaj's minions, cloud went right next to her and then suddenly it turned all happy and his arm melted. Wtf?
    But still, the last scene was very awesome. The cg is good, too. But I have to admit, they could have done better based on the cut scenes and dubbing. ALOT better. :P

7. Chilled

Chilled Senior Member

well obviously TONS of bits and peices of the movie were cut out. very short movie but the action was good

8. Balthier

1.People are like sheeps(and worse),they do as they are told...basicly,if i told my friend the movies was "t3h s3x",he would tell that to other friends and those friends to other friends....etc....
    The point isn't in telling that the movie was "t3h s3x",the point is that people want to belong somewhere(i don't even know if those are a good word for this example) thus they lie to themselves that movies is "t3h s3x".
    You know what they say...the more you repeat the lie,the more it becomes the truth.
    2.People these days just want eye candy,and that is what FF-AC offers.It's no wonder why 9 out of 10 buyers,think that it's "t3h s3x".
    1.How can you expect me to remember all the parts if i only watched it once,and that once was about 4-5 months ago(i watched it as soon as the japanese edition was released).
    2.I've never played FF7 to the end.
    It was soooooo boring.
    The story was crap(compared to other ff games,like ff6 for example),the characters were retarded(Cloud's favorite line is "...." and Tifa has HUGE boobs),materia system was just...stupid,and the graphics...well,i won't comment on that since ff7 was one of the first games with 3d graphic(if you call those...things 3d).
    In all...i would rate the game 6/10.
    It seems you didn't catch the "essence" of the line "the only good thing was cg".
    What i meant by that is that the whole movie is stupid but the CG saves the day.
    In other words...i know the whole movie is CG.

9. Blizzara

Blizzara Active Member

i rly want to see this movie actually

i loved ffvii but i didnt finish it since my ps crashed :P
    i was hoping that i could know more about the story after watching it...

do u guys think that the fact of me havnt seen the end of them game will spoil the fun of the movie?

10. Balthier

If you know the basics of the story,you should be ok.

11. Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

@ gambit

I dont think you would tell your friends it was "t3h s3x" because im not sure you could pronounce that. It didnt have much of a storyline (Advent Children) but it closed up the questions you had about the FF7 Series.

Exactly how far in the game did you get? It doesnt really start getting good till about 3/4 of the way on disc one.

The Jenova virus thing was one of the main parts of the story, how could you forget that part. (I watched it 4-5 months ago also with english subs).

I just started laughing out loud because you thought the story was crap because Tifa had big boobs.

@blizarra

You just need to know what happens with Sephiroth and you just need to have played the beginning of the game (enough until you go into shinra mansion for the second time)

12. Sterisk

Sterisk Well-Known Member

I saw the subbed version a while ago. I like the battles, they could of done more with the plot.

13. Balthier

Are you really sure i wouldn't say that or that i am not able to pronounce it?
    Hmmm...i think that i was either at 3rd or second cd.
    Damn...is it when he defeats Sephiroth?
    Or was it before....argh...i just can't remember ;(
    Actually...i was more focused on her boobs then the story,which is a big NO(if you plan on an epic story which all FF's should have).
    Did i mentioned that gameplay sucked and that all characters lack depth(even in AC they only have cameos)?

14. Staircase

Staircase Well-Known Member

"I dont think you would tell your friends it was "t3h s3x" because im not sure you could pronounce that. It didnt have much of a storyline (Advent Children) but it closed up the questions you had about the FF7 Series."

Really? It left me wondering. I still wanna know Cloud + Tifa = ?

In my opinion its the single best movie ive ever seen. Ive beat every final fantasy (yea every, all 700 of them ;p) and this movie was just awsome.

"In all...i would rate the game 6/10."

Thats proboly why you didnt like the movie. You were busy stuck on the fact of how bad the game was in your opinion, so you prejudged it and didnt like the movie.

"There are too many retarded scenese,like Cloud reflecting bullet with his glasses/googles(wtf!?)"

Meybe they were bullet proof?
    lol, but yea, it IS a japanese movie. and they have a tendancy of adding impossible feats to movies. Such as jumping off walls and basically flying in air.

15. Balthier

You really wanted to know that nothing happened with them?
    Except few "Hi" "Bye" scenes....
    ...it's your opinion...but there aren't 700 ff,there are...damn...i lost track of the numbers!
    Compared to other FF games,it's bad.
    The only thing it had was 3d graphics nothing else.
    By the way...yes,i am busy stuck on the fact(yeah,it's a fact) that ffvii is a bad game.
    That would explain a lot of shizzle...
    I can endure jumping off walls and stuff,since they do it in every movie they release,but....googles reflecting bullets!?...no...just no...