Problems With Booting My Pc

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by hawk, Dec 20, 2004.

1. hawk

hawk Well-Known Member

hi guys, need to technical advice here :unsure:

my problem is this:

Quite often at the moment when i boot up my PC, i will get power to the fans but nothing else, basically my fans boot up and run, but nothing loads from the Hard drive. Now, the power light and loading light both light up, but that is all that seems to happen. Usually after several tries it works, but some nights it wont work for several hours. Sometimes however, i will have it running and then there will be a 'jump' in the power, the computer acts as though it is restarting, but then it has this little problem of not loading anything.

My thoughts are directed at problems with the Powersupply or perhaps a faulty hard drive - but this one really has me puzzled :blink:

Thanks for any advice.

2. glitch

glitch Well-Known Member

sounds like you have to much running off your psu. how much stuff u got hooked up to ur power supply like sound card vid card how many hd's and how many disk drives and how many wats is ur psu? make sure you have all ther power cables hooked up right to the motherboard.

3. MarkWLI

MarkWLI Guest

I think someone needs to upgrade to a 450 watt power supply or atleast a good 350 watt one... eventhough most systems don't use even 100 watts :P scary thought for all those mothers out there who think running your computer for a long ass time is gonna cost them HUNDREDS of dollars, where in reality key system functions are put on standby after long use, and that the system is actually not using most things all at once to cause major power problems, even video cards aren't at 100% usage most of the time!

4. dudeqz

dudeqz Well-Known Member

MAYBE UR USING THE WRONG VOLTZ SETTING
    TRY MOVIN THE RED THING IN THE BACK
    HAS 2 SETTINGS TRY THEM BOTH
    MAYBE THAT WILL HELP

5. hawk

hawk Well-Known Member

the pc was working fine a few weeks ago, and since i have not changed anything, i have only since aqdded a 3rd drive, but i have already removed the drive and had no change... My PSU is also 400W.

6. glitch

glitch Well-Known Member

it definately sounds like a psu problem so i would say take the psu and try to test it or if it isnt much trouble just buy a new 500w psu.

7. AmericanE

AmericanE Member

yea new psu