I Need A Job!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DiabloDj1, Mar 20, 2006.

1. DiabloDj1

DiabloDj1 Well-Known Member

Allright, I'm only 15 as of Jan. 13, so are there any jobs you would reccomend me getting? The one I had was just shoveling snow for some buissnesses...but its warm out now..hmm..

I can try gettin a job with the town to pick up trash once a week, thats like 70 bucks for two days I think. A very easy job. But that isnt for a while, i want money sooner.
    Any ideas for some easy jobs I can take? I dont wanna do any crap where I take orders and bring out food for peeps...

2. .Simplicity

.Simplicity Well-Known Member

*Most* places wouldn't hire you to take orders yet anyway, but I know what you mean, I'm 16 and refuse to get a job yet because I still don't have my license and the only thing around here is fast food, which I won't do.

I guess you gotta just go with the flow and take what comes along, we can't really be of any help if we don't live in your town or at least know what it's like(businesses and stuff) :P

3. Slywolf

Slywolf Well-Known Member

You need have at least 16 years... With 15 years the only job that I advise you is being a drug dealer... :lol: Kidding

There isn't any formula for making money with 15 years... You have start from somewhere

4. minxette

minxette Well-Known Member

Yeah...at your age, you're not going to find much if you don't want to do fast food or anything.

Try your library though, they usually hire teenagers as pages (put away books and stuff like that).

5. DiabloDj1

allright thanks. Library was a nice idea thanks.

6. VenomousDuck

VenomousDuck Well-Known Member

Well summer is coming theres always lawn mowing. I have a full time job and i'm still broke. Somethings wrong wit hym truc kand the dude wants $900.00 to fix it. DAMNIT! :P

7. UV Soaked

UV Soaked Well-Known Member

Hmm, well im 16 waiting to get a job during ths summer, dont work at fast food places..those are nasty, u can get really ood focus on designing and stuff like that and try to get jobs which im doing at the moment,create vectors submit them to istockphoto.com stuff like that :]

8. minxette

Yikes.

I definitely understand the 'having a job and still broke' thing :S

I personally am back on the search, having had to quit my old job after injuring my back in a car accident.

9. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

get a work release form from school and have your parents sign it, its basically saying although you are not 16 your parents as well as yourself would like you to have a job and that you will work, etc.

despite the lawsuits wal-mart has, they are an absolutely GREAT company to work for, cart pushing has got to be one of the easiest, most rewarding jobs in the world. if the lot is cleared, you can go get something from the deli, get a soda and sit back till your shift is over lol

any grocery place would be great as well, being a bagger/cart pusher normally (they normally arent 2 seperate jobs at grocery stores, you usually do both).

i would highly recommend you DO NOT GO TO FAST FOOD. The managers have always been bitchy to me despite me working my hardest, even on the first day. They have horrible working conditions, horrible scheduling (your lunch and breaks all revolve around other people and whether they choose to come back or not) and its just horrible.

those i think would be your only options. at 16 you can work as a cashier in like outlet malls and smaller companies stores, but usually not large corporations like wal-mart, target, etc.

10. VenomousDuck

VenomousDuck Well-Known Member

Hope your o.k. Minx. Just goes to show working people never have any money either:P

11. DiabloDj1

k, thanks guys...

I'm planning on selling a good 200 gfx here to make some cash along with all my creds I got :D

12. minxette

I'm mostly better, it's been three months and it only bothers me now if I do something to strain my back - which is why I had to quit in the first place, I put too much pressure on my back and wound up being unable to move for a week.

I personally say if you can, get a job in a theater. It's busy, but it's pretty cool. And you get to see movies for free at most theaters. The only thing that sucks is if you have to work concessions during a rush, or if you're ushering and a bunch of packed shows let out at the same time and you've got to clean all the theaters. When I worked there we came up with all sorts of ways to get everything done fast though (most popular method while cleaning was Operation Dumbo Drop - pull out the garbage can and try to drop everything into it. If you miss first, you've got to clean up all the stuff that's missed by the end). Ticket taker, though, is honestly the EASIEST job in the world - you just stand there and tear tickets. Most people hated doing it, but if I was on concessions I would do all I could to trade with whoever was on ticket taker (I HATED concessions, even though I was really good at it).

13. .Simplicity

.Simplicity Well-Known Member

This Summer my dad is giving me his '92 Camaro, then I'll be getting my license and getting a job in the mall about 30 minutes away, but until then I'm thinking about the grocery store uptown, it's not TOO bad, and they pay better than most places around here, so yeah, grocery store is a decent place to start at :P

14. DiabloDj1

hmm...i like the theater idea as I know one that usually isnt busy at all.

15. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

that also usually means they arent hiring lol